INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Access denied due to bad server certificate  (Read 1025 times)

rnarts

Access denied due to bad server certificate
« on: May 31, 2020, 09:15:32 am »

Hello,

New to the forum. Apologies for any ignorance shown on my part. I am trying to register windows media center 26 from my work laptop but when I enter my registration code and hit OK i get an error message saying that there was an error communicating with the license server. When I try to go to the help pages I get an access denied due to bad server certificate. I am guessing the server certificate error is the same reason it cannot communicate with the license server. Any other way to get my media center license to get accepted?

Any help more than appreciated.

Thanks

Ralf

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Access denied due to bad server certificate
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2020, 10:00:05 am »

I just confirmed that licensing is working as expected.  It may be a problem on your side with certificates.

Try visiting the Restore Page here:
https://rover.jriver.com/cgi-bin/restore.cgi

Try a different browser.

Use copy and paste.

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Access denied due to bad server certificate
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2020, 10:40:14 am »

Hello,

New to the forum. Apologies for any ignorance shown on my part. I am trying to register windows media center 26 from my work laptop but when I enter my registration code and hit OK i get an error message saying that there was an error communicating with the license server. When I try to go to the help pages I get an access denied due to bad server certificate. I am guessing the server certificate error is the same reason it cannot communicate with the license server. Any other way to get my media center license to get accepted?

Any help more than appreciated.

Thanks

Ralf
Your work laptop is probably locked out...see your work IT guy

just a thought
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”
Pages: [1]   Go Up