INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Duplicate playlist names / Duplicate libraries  (Read 439 times)

SidGrit

Duplicate playlist names / Duplicate libraries
« on: June 01, 2020, 04:30:36 am »

Hi, I'm a complete newbie to MediaCenter and have just got completely fed up with iTunes so I want to use something different. A couple of quick questions as I'm playing around with Media Center:
Is it possible to have duplicate playlist names - I like to have a Smartlist for a band (say The Clash) with playlists for all of the albums by the band. The Clash have an album called The Clash, which automatically becomes 'The Clash (1)' as a playlist. Is there any way around this.
Also, is it possible to have the same library / playlists on a Mac and a PC. I'm a Mac user but thinking of going back to a PC and don't really want to rebuild the library when I do this.
Thanks in advance.
Neil

HaWi

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Duplicate playlist names / Duplicate libraries
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2020, 08:56:02 am »

Welcome!
I believe it is possible to have the same name for multiple playlists as long as they are part of different groups. So, for example, you can have a playlist 'The Clash' in the playlist group 'Bands' and you can have a playlist 'The Clash' in the playlist group 'Albums'. You can create a playlist group by pressing F10 or right-clicking on The 'Playlist' entry in the left-most frame in Standard View
As far as porting your library from MacOS to Windows, I believe you can export the library in .xml format on the Mac and then import the.xml file from the Windows version - I might be wrong though on this one, as I ave not done this before.
Good luck!
Hans

rPi5/8GB, Debian 12 Bookworm on SSD | JRMark (32.0.36 64 bit): 2699
MacBookPro (2013), 2.6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, MacOS 11.7.17 | JRMark (32.0.38 64 bit): 3764
Mac Studio M2 Max, 64GB, 1TB SSD, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1 | JRMark (32.0.38 64 bit): 9235
Docker Container (shiomax) DS1819+ | JRMark (32.0.36 64 bit): 1430
JRemote 3.43
MO 4Media 1.5.7 | Marantz SR7007 (RSL 5.1) HDMI to MacBookPro

SidGrit

Re: Duplicate playlist names / Duplicate libraries
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2020, 09:43:29 am »

Thanks for the reply.
Regards,
Neil
Pages: [1]   Go Up