INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Round Icon - nitpick  (Read 2369 times)

gkerber

Round Icon - nitpick
« on: April 19, 2003, 10:54:34 am »

The new v9 icon, the round transport button thing looks good, but...

When the icon shows in my startbar next to the blue round Netscape thing, it's not an immediate distinction between the two.....

Can that be changed by me somehow?  If so, it's a  Windows thing, anybody know?

rocketsauce

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Round Icon - nitpick
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2003, 11:11:32 am »

You can change the icon for any Windows by right-clicking on it, choosing Properties and choosing Change Icon. Sometimes the new icon won't show up until the icon cache is refreshed (ie., restart the computer).

Rob

gkerber

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2003, 11:21:04 am »

Thanks, I had tried that already and changed the icon for it on my desktop, but when the program is run, it still shows the round thing on the task bar, I'll leave it changed and reboot later to see if it works.

Thanks for the suggestion.

rocketsauce

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2003, 11:29:35 am »

...but when the program is run, it still shows the round thing on the task bar.

Oh, you're talking about the tray icon (that little area next to the clock on the taskbar is called the System Tray). That's not easy to change. You might be able to find a tray customizing utility to download that would have an option to change tray icons. AFAIK, Windows itself doesn't have a way to do it.

Rob

konicky

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2003, 12:20:09 am »

Don't forget you can remove the icon altogether by un-ticking 'Minimise to System Tray' in the Options menu :)
"The most important thing in communication is to hear what isn't being said" (P.Drucker)

DocLotus

• Retired and; Loving It!!!
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2003, 11:39:24 am »

When it is in the task tray it is remarkably indistinct.

I know it is a smaller version of the large start up icon (which is very neat) but when in the task try it seems to almost disappear.  I often find myself hunting for it.

Don't know what can be done (and still keep it looking like the large start up) but would like it better if it was more visible.
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2003, 09:58:39 am »

Windows allows you to change the size of the icons.  Not sure whether this will affect the icons in the tasktray.  Right click on desktop, go to properties (I think).

DocLotus

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2003, 03:00:40 pm »

All my other icons look ok... each in very distinct.

The MC9 icon is just a round blue ball with something shiny in the center (the right arrow).

Think it might help a little if a box was added around the current icon.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

sraymond

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2003, 05:21:59 pm »

At 1280x1024, the icon looks just fine in the systray.  The white right-arrow is set off nice on a blue background with the gray circle with black outline running around it.

No complaints whatsoever.

Scott-

DocLotus

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2003, 08:58:29 am »

I'm also running 1024 x 1280 on a Sony flat-screen monitor.

I had adjusted the icon size before the new MC9 icon made its appearance.  I had made the adjustment so all the then current icons looked just fine... each was distinct. The new MC9 icon sort of gets "lost" with the 13 or 14 other icons in the Task tray.

LisaRCT

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2003, 09:03:18 pm »

I know the solution . . . . .  
you fire up the system. locate the MC9 Icon in your System Tray, then follow the steps below:
1- make sure the screen is free of excess dirt and dust
2- set the display to the resolution you will be using
3- adjust the display settings for the proper image size and location on the display
4- using bright colored metal-flake or pearlescent nail polish CAREFULLY paint a nice shiny circle around the Icon. Always use 2 coats and a top coat.

This will not only make the Icon more visible and prettier, but you can even match it to your nail color.   :D

When you want to change your nail color, and your Icon color, you can just remove it from your monitor using nail polish remover.  If that doesn't work just scrape it off with a razor blade   ;D

This will keep you and your Icon in sync with the latest fashion trends and the envy of all your friends.

LOL

...........  amazing how a little too much coffee can make one stay up untill all hours of the night typing rediculous stuff like this    ;D

whoeveryouare

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2003, 09:34:51 pm »

Can that be changed by me somehow?  If so, it's a  Windows thing, anybody know?
I also have no love for the blue icon.  I run 1920x1200 resolution, and all I can distinguish is, umm...  it's blue, with some white-looking-thing in the middle.  And it looks very similar to the MyIE2 icon.

There is a way to change the tray icon, but it would involve editing the EXE file, and I haven't checked, but I'm pretty sure that would be a violation of the license agreement.

DocLotus

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2003, 02:01:50 pm »

Need I say more ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up