INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Perfect playback of Qobuz hi-res into WDM - finally!  (Read 903 times)

amdismal

• Junior Woodchuck
Perfect playback of Qobuz hi-res into WDM - finally!
« on: June 03, 2020, 06:01:14 am »

Up until a few days ago I never had hi-res working from Qobuz to the JRiver WDM. It never could play non-44.1kHz properly - there would be a stuttering sound, it was awful. I have seen a lot of posts from others with the same problem.

My solution is to use a different Qobuz playback system - Logitech Media Server, with the Squeezelite-X player. This has a Qobuz plug-in that works well. The output selected in Squeezelite-X is the JRiver WDM ASIO. Now I can play anything in Qobuz and sample rate changes are immediate and result only in an occasional click. The JRiver DSP audio path pop-up shows that the sample rate is correct with everything I play.

I still use the Qobuz Win app for music discovery, but simply route its output to Windows and it's silenced. Adding a favourite album in Qobuz doesn't immediately get added to the LMS library, but it's fairly quick, even just using a Raspberry Pi as LMS server.

I have no idea why the Qobuz Windows app cannot play perfectly to the JRiver WDM, but it's never worked and neither did Tidal when I had that (indeed that used to BSOD when sample rate changed!), and I can't work out how I could debug the issue. The fact that I have a working solution now shows that the WDM can work as you might hope, switching sample rates correctly.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Perfect playback of Qobuz hi-res into WDM - finally!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2020, 06:26:13 am »

Thanks for posting that.  Good it's working for you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up