INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature request: Font sizes, colors, etc.  (Read 499 times)

DmitryB

• World Citizen
Feature request: Font sizes, colors, etc.
« on: June 03, 2020, 12:39:40 pm »

I'm wondering if it's possible to allow users to change Font colors or just to be able to create Bold or Italic characters in Group and Playlist names. I'm including a pic of my list and it'd be so much easier to read if I was able to differentiate the composers and categories with something. As it, everything just starts running together.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Feature request: Font sizes, colors, etc.
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2020, 07:34:26 am »

I don't think the tree is configurable for colors, fonts, etc.

I know this isn't what you asked for, but maybe NOT using the tree would be helpful.  Use a categories view, or better, a PANES view.  I personally find the tree to be awkward, inconsistent , and just plain weird.  If you love it, then please do continue using it.  My purpose here is just to remind you that other views exist and might be worth trying.

Good luck.

Brian.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2020, 11:44:17 am »

and... if you can see yourself fitting with a panes workflow instead of the tree, you can use expressions to add some colour...

DmitryB

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2020, 02:18:02 pm »

I'm very particular (read: stupidly attached) to the Tree simply because I have been so used to the iTunes model and it makes the most sense to me to display the info that I want. It's not an ideal recreation of iTunes, JRiver requires a few extra steps to come close though. Being able to change colors or at least bold/italicize the Tree would be an amazing improvement!

HaWi

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2020, 07:31:27 pm »

I feel you. I had been using iTunes from it's inception (yeah, I'm old) but I have to say I do NOT want to go back. The Panes in MC are SOOO much more powerful in giving me what I want. I admit it takes a bit of getting used to and some advance trust etc, and some investment of time and effort in figuring it out but, man, trust me, you are going to love it. What's been even more persuasive to me is the supreme support you can get here, on this forum, from people like Brian and Bob and many others who are extremely knowledgeable and willing to help.
Give it a go!
Best wishes,
Hans

rPi5/8GB, Debian 12 Bookworm on SSD | JRMark (32.0.36 64 bit): 2699
MacBookPro (2013), 2.6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, MacOS 11.7.17 | JRMark (32.0.38 64 bit): 3764
Mac Studio M2 Max, 64GB, 1TB SSD, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1 | JRMark (32.0.38 64 bit): 9235
Docker Container (shiomax) DS1819+ | JRMark (32.0.36 64 bit): 1430
JRemote 3.43
MO 4Media 1.5.7 | Marantz SR7007 (RSL 5.1) HDMI to MacBookPro
Pages: [1]   Go Up