INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: stereo with one subwoofer 2.1  (Read 528 times)

dziemian

• Recent member
stereo with one subwoofer 2.1
« on: June 04, 2020, 04:30:20 am »

I need your help to set up my  system for work with Dirac Live multichannel in 2.1 mode.  It consists of Geddes stereo sealed speakers capable to go down only to 80Hz and DIY JBL  passive sealed subwoofer which can play down to 30hz. I have also 12 channel Audiofire interface. What settings should ? Should I use parametric eq to divide sub channel from mains or should I use LFE in room correction? Or mix these two? Any help appreciated? I have checked forum but similar topics are unclear to me.

dziemian

• Recent member
Re: stereo with one subwoofer 2.1
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2020, 10:03:02 am »

Anybody?

RD James

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2020, 10:41:35 am »

I assume that you'd either want to select 2.1 in Output Format with JRSS mixing enabled.
Or use something like the "2 channels in a 4 channel container" output if you're wanting complete control over all channels/mixing using Parametric EQ.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2020, 12:35:14 pm »

The optimal solution depends on what you want; do you want all audio for all content below 80Hz sent to the sub?  Or do you just want LFE channel and the bass component of multichannel sources sent to the sub? 

If you want everything below 80Hz to go to the sub you'll need to select output format 2.1, enable JRSS mixing, and then set the appropriate bass management settings for the channels in room correction.  If you want the latter, set output format to 2.1, enable JRSS mixing, and then set the appropriate subwoofer setting on the output settings page. 

If you want to handle the bass management manually, set output format to 2.1, disable JRSS mixing, and then do all the routing in the parametric EQ blocks.  The 2.1 setting is actually 2.1 in a 5.1 container by default, so you can use the SR and SL channels as dummies/holding channels if you need to do complicated mixing. 

dziemian

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2020, 07:14:50 am »

Thank you. That's what I needed. I wasn't sure how to connect all the dots with JRSS downmixing, room correction and  parametric eq.
Pages: [1]   Go Up