INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto Import On Mac - Automator  (Read 732 times)

PPatla

• Recent member
Auto Import On Mac - Automator
« on: June 04, 2020, 05:38:59 pm »

I found the wiki that shows how to configure Windows for an automated script to set a schedule for Auto Import.

But I can't find the instructions for the Mac OS X?  I always have to trigger a manual import.... I'd be happy with a once a day or twice a day import trigger.....

Am I missing it somewhere?

-Pat

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Auto Import On Mac - Automator
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2020, 08:28:23 am »

Are your files stored on your Mac?  Or on a NAS?  If on the Mac or a NAS that supports "file system events", then just having auto import turned on should work.  As new files are added to the file system, MC should see them.  If not, it should automatically run every few hours anyway.

But, I find auto import to be not worth my time.  It causes more problems (for me) than it solves.  So I just press the import button (which I put on MC's top toolbar) any time I add files to MC.  Even if I add 4 or 5 albums in a day, this is easy and unobtrusive.

As for your original question, I know very little about automator.  Good luck with your solution.

Brian.

blgentry

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2020, 07:17:39 am »

BTW, if you're wondering about the toolbar "auto import" item I'm talking about, you can configure both TOP and BOTTOM toolbars with:

Tools > Options > Tree & View > Advanced > customize tool bars

The toolbar item I use is called "Run auto import now".

Brian.

PPatla

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2020, 07:41:18 am »

Thank you, yes I manually use the "run auto import now" function from the toolbar often.

My NAS does NOT support file events so that is why I'm trying to figure out a script/automator to have it run on a schedule.

-Pat

PPatla

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2020, 11:56:26 am »

Run Normally: mc20.exe /mcc 23020,0
Run Silently: mc20.exe /mcc 23020,1

These are the commands I found for Windows, are there similar ones for Mac OS?

Also when I'm using JRiver Panel, if I go to Settings, then the Library Tab, and then click on the "Run Auto-Import" button the bottom it does not kick off the process of Auto Import.

Is this supported in the MAC version?

Pat

blgentry

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2020, 02:54:00 pm »

MC for Mac doesn't accept command line arguments like the Windows version does.  But you can probably still make this work!

MC for all platforms has a web interface for running commands called "MCWS".  It's self documenting.   Open a web browser on the computer running MC and paste this in:
http://localhost:52199/MCWS/v1/

If you read through the lists of functions, you'll eventually find the one to "run MC core command".  So, you can use MCWS to run core command 23020 like:

http://localhost:52199/MCWS/v1/Control/MCC?Command=23020,1

Presumably you can do this from somewhere else on the mac like a script (maybe using curl or wget) or with an Automator action (which I don't know how to do).

I hope that helps.

Brian.

PPatla

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2020, 06:30:27 pm »

Hey thanks! let me poke around on this and see if I can make this work....
Pages: [1]   Go Up