INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo problem  (Read 529 times)

zonka

• World Citizen
Gizmo problem
« on: June 04, 2020, 10:33:23 pm »

I'm trying to stream my library from my phone while in my car and have tried Gizmo.  It usually connects, but usually loses connection after a couple of songs.  Is this normal?  Is there a better option for me to access my library from my phone?  I've tried Panel, too, with pretty much, the same issues.
Not even sure which forum this belongs in. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Drew

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Gizmo problem
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2020, 10:45:24 pm »

That could be a network problem.

zonka

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2020, 11:40:30 pm »

Any idea where to start looking? It connects and plays.  I just get a very quick "error communicating ", or something like that.
Thanks

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2020, 12:18:16 am »

Any idea where to start looking?

Simple. Just find a spot where you have an excellent mobile signal, and play a few tracks. If it all works, it is a problem with your mobile network connection.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Looking Busy
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2020, 12:55:38 am »

The setup certainly works, I use it (via Panel &/Or JRemote) all the time. Played hi def audio while in a hotel in Tokyo from my NAS at home in Melbourne no problem.

But the network is unforgiving, if it drops that would explain what you're seeing.

zonka

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2020, 03:19:52 pm »

The simplest solution is probably it - I have pretty crappy cell service around my neighborhood so that could definitely be it. The problem is, when I lose connection, it shuts off my server at home so when/if I'm near a strong signal I can no longer even connect to my server.  Has anyone heard of this happening?

Thanks,
Drew

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2020, 06:43:03 pm »

If you set your MC Server not to sleep Gizmo should be able to reconnect to it.

Gizmo will wake a sleeping MC Server when both are on the LAN using the Wake On LAN (WoL) process, but when you are away from home your phone is on the internet, and the equivalent Wake On WAN (WoW) process usually doesn't work. Some ISP supplied modem/routers always block WoW network packets and you will never be able to get it working. Some modem/routers just need configuration to allow WoW Magic Packets through the Firewall, and to be broadcast on the LAN, which then wakes the MC Server.

There are many threads discussion WoL/WoW, Port Forwarding, Magic Packets, and waking a server, if you want to try to get it working. Or just leave your server running all the time,
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2020, 07:04:27 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up