INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Galaxy S7 MC25 Sync Issues  (Read 717 times)

Chronic

• World Citizen
Galaxy S7 MC25 Sync Issues
« on: June 05, 2020, 09:05:13 am »

Hey there,

I've recently been having a few issues syncing playlists from MC25 to an SD card on an S7 phone.

If I start from scratch (no music on SD card) it usually works ok, although sometimes it gets to 98% and then just sits there; if I unplug the USB then the tracks are all on the SD Card but some of the playlists are empty when selected. If it does go to 100%, when I then sync again later it doesn't recognise many of the tracks are already on the SD card and tries to sync them again. It seems that the phone is somehow altering the track's info so MC doesn't see they are already on there.

Also, when I plug my phone in it often doesn't recognize it, well it shows the phone and SD card in 'Devices' but it stays stuck on on 'working' and doesn't load the SD Card/Phone's contents until I go to unplug my phone, when everything suddenly shows for a second but of course I've just disconnected the phone so it then disappears.

I should note that the playlists go into a folder on the phone and the tracks go onto the SD Card, if that makes any difference.

Thanks for any help with this :)

Chronic

• World Citizen
Re: Galaxy S7 MC25 Sync Issues
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2020, 03:02:51 am »

Any ideas? Any settings I can try to change?

At the moment it gets to 89%, shows all the files as complete but just sits there... if I then cancel the sync J River freezes and crashes, which it seems to be doing a lot with this issue.

Is it because my device is older so is no longer supported?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2020, 06:59:06 am »

Any ideas? Any settings I can try to change?

At the moment it gets to 89%, shows all the files as complete but just sits there... if I then cancel the sync J River freezes and crashes, which it seems to be doing a lot with this issue.

Is it because my device is older so is no longer supported?
It may just not be finished.  Try letting it run.

Please use "JRiver", not "J River".  We changed the name because it works better with searches.

Chronic

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2020, 03:18:42 pm »

Apart from it not recognizing that the songs are already on the SD card and performing a full sync, it seems to be behaving itself for now as it's connecting and syncing everything :)

It just means it takes a long time to sync everytime as as it goes through the whole thing and deletes everything off that was on there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up