INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote2: plays just one track  (Read 1311 times)

stanzani

• Galactic Citizen
  • Music and Audio enthusiast
JRemote2: plays just one track
« on: June 06, 2020, 04:37:11 am »

As per subject, if I start a full album just one track is played. SHould I set something in the server?
I did not experienced this with the former version but I also update the server to the latest bete

thanks
Stereo:
DAW: Fanless Case Streatcon 7 with MSI A97I mobo, 2 x 8G RAM (Hynix) with Intel I5 CPU.
NAS: QNAP TS-531 with 5x4TB HDDs
DAC/ADC: RME ADI2 PRO
Speakers (active): 2 x ATC SCM50ASL
Subs (active): 2 x REL 528 Signature

stefano_mbp

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: JRemote2: plays just one track
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2020, 12:27:44 am »

Click and hold the first track, play options panel will open, select “all tracks” then select play now

stanzani

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2020, 03:14:11 am »

I cannot see that menu if I click and hold. Play all is missing and also the graphics is different ...
Stereo:
DAW: Fanless Case Streatcon 7 with MSI A97I mobo, 2 x 8G RAM (Hynix) with Intel I5 CPU.

stefano_mbp

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2020, 05:44:39 am »

This is from my iPhone, the other one was from iPad ...
Maybe the Android version is different from iOS one
Can @bob explain this?
.... anyone of the technicians can explain this ? ... quite frustrating remaining without a clear answer

stefano_mbp

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2020, 12:04:34 pm »

.... is there anybody out there? ....

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2020, 10:54:26 pm »

The iOS version is different to the Android version, and JRemote2 is different to the original JRemote for Android.

As to the original question, JRemote2 has a PlayMode setting, which is accessible through the PlayMode icon, which isn't always visible, but with a phone held in landscape mode will show up. It is the "1+" icon shown in the first attached image.

If you tap on that PlayMode icon you can change it. The options are shown in the second attached image.

As far as I can tell, what the PlayMode does is change the behaviour when you tap a single Track in the screen shown in the first two images.
If it is set to "Play Now" JRemote2 just plays the Track that was tapped.
If it is set to "Play All Now" JRemote2 adds all Tracks from the Album to Playing Now, and plays from the Track that was tapped to the last Track.

Also, the PlayMode has no effect on what JRemote2 does when the Play button shown in the middle of the first image (let's call that the Album Detail screen) is tapped. JRemote2 always clears Playing Now, adds all Tracks from the Album to Playing Now, and starts playback from the first Track. I actually expected this button's behaviour to be affected by the PlayMode in selected, but I guess that wouldn't make sense, as JRemote2 would either always play just the first Track, or play the whole Album from the first Track. So it makes more sense that the PlayMode only applies when you tap just one Track.

There are also long press actions in JRemote2.

Long press on an Album Cover and the options shown in the third attached image are displayed.
Long press on a single Track and the options shown in the fourth attached image are displayed.

I think those options are self-explanatory, but note that "Play Now" clears Playing Now, adds the Track to Playing Now and plays it, while "Play Next" and "Add to 'Playing Now' list" just update the Playing Now list as expected.

EDIT:
Actually, the "Play Next" option inserts the Track as the next to play if JRemote2 is currently playing. However, if it isn't playing, "Play Next" just appends the Track to Playing Now. I don't think that is what was intended.
Also, the "Add to playlist" option doesn't seem to do anything at all, that I can see.

I'm not sure if the above is exactly how JRemote2 was intended to work, particularly for the Play button in the middle of the Album Detail screen, but that is how it works now.

Some of this was discussed starting at this post here: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,125322.msg868060.html#msg868060
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

stanzani

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2020, 10:24:57 am »

As to the original question, JRemote2 has a PlayMode setting, which is accessible through the PlayMode icon, which isn't always visible, but with a phone held in landscape mode will show up. It is the "1+" icon shown in the first attached image.""

Unfortunately I cannot see the 1+ Icon (JRemote2 in Android)
Stereo:

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2020, 01:52:04 pm »

The Icon isn't always 1+, it depends on what your current playmode is (its always one of those: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=125678.0;attach=35821;image). That part of the workflow really isnt quite clear and how it hides due to too many icons in the actionbar is also rather annoying, really need to come up with an alternative position for that.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

stanzani

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2020, 08:05:18 am »

Thanks
I think it is worthwhile to improve the GUI
Just my humble five cents ...
I succeed doing that in TDAl and other players smoothless :)
Stereo:
Pages: [1]   Go Up