INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New to MAC OS; JR26 wants to keep reinstalling; Help  (Read 606 times)

pugchuck

New to MAC OS; JR26 wants to keep reinstalling; Help
« on: June 07, 2020, 10:23:53 am »

I recently purchased a MAC mini as a music server.  I purchased JR26 to play my many FLAC files that I had on a windows machine.  I am not familiar with how MACs operate.  I thought I installed JR26 normally, but JR26 shows up as a drive below my hard drive logos on the top right of the screen.  Then, whenever I try to open it, I have to reinstall it.  What did I do Wrong?  The mini is running Catalina.  Thanks.

HaWi

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: New to MAC OS; JR26 wants to keep reinstalling; Help
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2020, 11:05:28 am »

I am no expert by far but this sounds like the MC you refer to, showing up below your HDD in your Finder window, could be the MC "dmg" (Disk Image) that is used to initially install (or, later, update) MC. Have a look in your Applications folder. There, you should find the MC26 Application you want to run. If that is there you can eject the MS Disk Image and run MC by double clicking  the MC26 application.
Good luck!
Hans
rPi5/8GB, Debian 12 Bookworm on SSD | JRMark (32.0.36 64 bit): 2699
MacBookPro (2013), 2.6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, MacOS 11.7.17 | JRMark (32.0.38 64 bit): 3764
Mac Studio M2 Max, 64GB, 1TB SSD, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1 | JRMark (32.0.38 64 bit): 9235
Docker Container (shiomax) DS1819+ | JRMark (32.0.36 64 bit): 1430
JRemote 3.43
MO 4Media 1.5.7 | Marantz SR7007 (RSL 5.1) HDMI to MacBookPro

blgentry

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2020, 05:16:25 pm »

Yes, you need to install MC.  This means dragging the MC icon from the DMG which opens, into the Applications folder.  This is a standard way of installing Mac apps.  Do a little bit of research on installing Mac apps if this doesn't make sense.  It's a basic Mac skill, which is not obvious until you have learned it.  After you read about it, or watch a video, it will be very, very easy.

Macs are easy.  Macs save you effort.  But there is a learning curve, especially for Windows users who expect the Mac to behave like windows.  It doesn't.  This is actually a positive thing.  It just requires a bit of learning "the new way".  After that, things become very easy.

Good luck!

Brian.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2020, 05:43:17 pm »

Do a little bit of research on installing Mac apps if this doesn't make sense.  It's a basic Mac skill, which is not obvious until you have learned it.  After you read about it, or watch a video, it will be very, very easy.
Good advice.  Google!  It works for most questions.  Add JRiver to your search if you want information specific to JRiver.
Pages: [1]   Go Up