INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 26.0.90 for Windows -- Available Here  (Read 4037 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
JRiver Media Center 26.0.90 for Windows -- Available Here
« on: June 07, 2020, 11:18:23 am »

This is a new build of JRiver Media Center 26.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download 32-bit build
https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v26/latest/MediaCenter260090.exe (works on all systems)

Download 64-bit build
https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v26/latest/MediaCenter260090-x64.exe (works on 64 bit systems only)

26.0.90 (6/5/2020)

1. Fixed: Commas in the ListMix(...) function would not get handled properly.

26.0.89 (6/5/2020)

1. Fixed: Editing list fields in the tag window would delimit the list with "; " instead of just ";".
2. NEW: Sidecars for epub books will look for any OPF in the same folder instead of only the same filename.
3. Changed: The -2 parameter for RegEx in the expression language will output all matches now.
4. Changed: The statusbar shows the file status on the right and the working (or ready) status in the center.
5. Fixed: TheMovieDB TV show lookup did not properly use the selected metadata language for all data.
6. Fixed: Playback to MCWS zones could crash when querying about Last.fm.
7. Changed: Made some more replacements of "; " with ";" for list building in tagging.

26.0.88 (6/3/2020)

1. Fixed: Possible crash during playback in rare cases.
2. Changed: Manage TV Channels tool will now show channel details (Device name, URL, etc.) of Tuner Stream channels.
3. Changed: When matching TitanTV TV channels with ATSC channels in MC, we use relaxed matching criteria because TitanTV uses outdated physical channel number on some channels.
4. Changed: When viewing an ATSC channel using TitanTV interface, MC will try matching with a Tuner Stream channel if an ATSC channel is not found.
5. Changed: The ListMix expression function escapes parenthesis in the replacements so they won't disrupt the parser and look like functions.
6. NEW: Added the expression Enviro to load a system environment variable.
7. Fixed: The ListMix function included extra information by mistake in the tooltip.
8. Changed: All the parameters for live playback are in the URL so you can configure multiple streams pointing to different hardware and save them to a playlist or similar.
9. NEW: Added a ListGrep expression function to filter a list to a matching string.
10. Fixed: Setting current audio program as default when playing live TV on a client did not work.
11. Fixed: Movie lookup on TheMovieDB uses a specified year for more accurate results.
12. Fixed: Looking up TV Shows on TheMovieDB will prefer the previously selected show, as intended.
13. Changed: Added Genre and Access Rating to the TheMovieDB TV series lookup.
14. Changed: The "Get Movie & TV Info" tool allows selecting a desired movie poster or episode thumbnail, instead of only offering up the first one.
15. Changed: Made the option to scrobble zone specific (you'll have to turn it back on for the zones you want).
16. Changed: Last.fm won't ask for a login when the program is in error free mode.
17. Changed: GroupSummaryQuery delimits a list of fields with semi-colons instead of dashes.
18. Changed: When we search for accents, we search for both the accent and the non-accent instead of only the non-accent (makes GroupSummaryQuery work better).
19. Fixed: Sat>IP TV tuner did not work in recent builds.

26.0.87 (5/29/2020)

1. NEW: Slanted quotes (“”) in titles are replaced with regular quotes (") for lyrics lookup.
2. NEW: Slanted single quotes (‘’) in titles are replaced with reqular single quotes (') for lyrics lookup.
3. NEW: Added a mode 5 to the Clean(...) expression function that standardizes quotes.
4. NEW: Revamped Tuner Stream (DMS) TV channel support.  Primarily for Linux and Mac, but will work on Windows.  Tested with HDHomeRun Prime, and HDHomeRun Extend tuners.  Should also work with HDHomeRun Connect.
5. Changed: Media Center now uses TheMovieDB for TV Show metadata lookup, series/season posters and Theater View background art.

26.0.86 (5/27/2020)

1. Changed: The OSD doesn't display when playing an image, then jumping to full screen (before it would show the zoom level).

26.0.85 (5/27/2020)

1. Fixed: Starting an image playing and then jumping to Display View would not make the image fill the view.
2. Fixed: The subtitle engine would select the wrong sidecar subtitle files in some situations.
3. Changed: Disabled event notifications for other applications through global broadcast messages, since they can interfer with smooth operation of other applications.
4. Changed: Made exclusive the default for WASAPI again.
5. Changed: Standardized on ";" for the list delimiter instead of "; " for all the expressions.
6. Changed: Actors, producers, etc. from TheMovieDB are delimited with ";" instead of "; ".
7. Changed: Memory playback turns off when there's less than 256 MB of memory (previously it would still try to allocate that much).
8. Changed: Memory playback no longer disables for URL playback.
9. Changed: Use higher quality resampling for DSD from PCM playback.
10. Changed: Enter in the search box of Options no longer closes.

26.0.84 (5/22/2020)

1. NEW: Added support for the image type webp.
2. Changed: Made the default for WASAPI exclusive off.
3. NEW: The Regex expression function takes a -2 mode that outputs all the captures as a semi-colon delimited list.
4. NEW: Sidecar files of the type OPF are loaded for EPUB books (the sidecar must be the same name as the book in the file system other than the extension).
5. Fixed: Video conversion did not honor user's audio stream selection.

26.0.83 (5/20/2020)

1. NEW: Right-click on a tag value in the Tag window will offer the option to "Customize This Field..." which opens the library field dialog.
2. Fixed: When browsing for subs, the selection would not be saved.
3. Fixed: Updated Google date lookup to use the newer page styles of Google.
4. Fixed: The missing file icon was not working.
5. Fixed: GroupCountQuery would not work in Theater View templates (now it uses the full set of library files instead of the files in the working set).
6. Changed: Slovak translation updated (thanks Peter Lukac).
7. NEW: Television option to allow users to pick a specific TV rating system (if available) in XMLTV files.
8. NEW: Added the MCWS function Control/AnalyzeAudio that takes a tree path and analyzes the files.
9. NEW: Added the option to lock and unlock a playlist to the Tag window right-click.
10. Changed: Made album artist a default search field for new libraries.
11. Changed: Trying to drag the window from just to the right of the toolbar didn't work.
12. Changed: TV channels loaded from the DMS (DLNA) are cleared each time before the current list is loaded.
13. Changed: Discovering of Open Cable type of TV tuners is slightly changed.  Users should not notice any difference.

26.0.82 (5/15/2020)

1. Changed: Made analyze audio able to process 16 files at once.
2. Changed: Reverted the ItemCount change from the previous build because it made expressions no longer work.
3. Fixed: Some of the expression tooltips could get incorrectly combined.
4. Fixed: Audio Path could display incorrectly when running a translation.
5. Changed: Made the clean expression function when in filename mode allow backslashes to go through in a new mode 4 of cleaning (since they could be part of a path).
6. Changed: When loading EPG from XMLTV files with multiple access rating systems, MC will try to use user's country setting to determine which system to use automatically.
7. NEW: Support for playing TAK audio files (using the DirectShow playback engine).

26.0.81 (5/13/2020)

1. Changed: Updated Czech translation (thanks Jan Boháč!).
2. NEW: The Customize View dialog is sizable and it opens at the last size and position.
3. Changed: Now allow up to 16 concurrent conversions (was capped at 8 previously).
4. Changed: Updated Chinese (Simplified) translation (thanks kelijun!).
5. Changed: Added an option for the Mini View close mode to Options > General > Behavior.
6. Changed: Changed country name "Macedonia (F.Y.R.O.M.)" to "North Macedonia".
7. Fixed: Adding a list field to the tag window would not make the size grow properly.
8. Changed: The list of folders in the import dialog is sorted.
9. Fixed: The ItemCount expression could be slow if something that wasn't a field name was entered.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
Re: JRiver Media Center 26.0.90 for Windows -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2020, 04:27:57 am »

26.0.89 (6/5/2020)

4. Changed: The statusbar shows the file status on the right and the working (or ready) status in the center.

Matt - Not sure if it's supposed to do this but if you navigate away from Playing Now and then come back to it the status bar only shows "Ready" in the centre of the status bar - the File Status for the track currently playing only re-appears after a track change.

Just found another "potential problem" - if you click on a playlist/smartlist the right end of the status bar does not always show the playlist/smartlist stats.
I tried every smartlist in the playlist/smartlist group "Maintenance" (see attachment) and got some really inconsistent status line displays in respect of what was displayed on the status bar.
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2020, 05:39:33 am »

In windowed mode the status bar can get really ugly with Ready overlapping with File details, having to go to full screen to have a correctly formatted status bar isn't the most desirable of use cases.
English spiders are kind of small, but when I was living in the African rain forest well ......

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2020, 06:27:42 am »

In windowed mode the status bar can get really ugly with Ready overlapping with File details, having to go to full screen to have a correctly formatted status bar isn't the most desirable of use cases.
We're not finished with it.

ghappe-MC

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2020, 09:08:51 am »

Testing the epub functionality in build 26.0.90 with 100 e-books.

Loading the records works fine, some minor inconsistencies, mainly due to bad data or different epub versions.

The number of tags that actually load is still limited but this can be worked around by including them into the filename when exporting the epub from its source and using "Fill properties from filename" like in:

[Author] - [Album] - [Ebook Serie#] - [Series] - [Genre] - [Title Language]

However, updating the epub file seems not to work, not in direct edit and not by updating tags from library.

And by a restructure operation the OPF file stays behind unlike a sidecar file in MC.

Anyway: overall this is a big improvement in getting the e-read world to MC.

Guido
Having doubts is the privilege of intelligent people, being Ignorant the faith of all the others

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2020, 10:44:01 am »

We don't do any writing to the OPF file.  So if you tag in Media Center, the OPF will stay the same.

I just added author to the list of fields we'll import.

Thanks for the feedback.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

wer

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2020, 12:51:24 pm »

It would be nice if the DSP Studio Load button bug were fixed...

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2020, 04:30:33 pm »

Sorted it by restricting the length of the file's [Name] tag, however if the ready/savingtags notifications were formatted to the left side instead of centrally it would not be so problematic.
English spiders are kind of small, but when I was living in the African rain forest well ......

wer

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2020, 04:47:28 pm »

Left side is where you can add shortcuts though.  You don't want to get close to that, to avoid clutter.

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2020, 05:08:20 pm »

Very true wer, perhaps best to get rid of the ready status signal and not display file details while saving tags is going on, it would also be helpful if done saving tags disappeared after a short time and the file display could return to normal. I have done saving tags sitting in the display 5 tracks along after the event and they are very long tracks. It is really only classical music that is affected since the name tag is sometimes inordinately long. Personally I don't really care but some people get very uptight when things don't look the way they would like.

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2020, 06:21:38 pm »

Done saving tags is still showing in the central area 20 tracks later, surely overkill!

ghappe-MC

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2020, 02:20:55 am »

About the status-bar contents:

How about making it active? display the information in the middle of the status bar, click on it to switch between information sources?
Having doubts is the privilege of intelligent people, being Ignorant the faith of all the others

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2020, 05:00:25 pm »

What I'd love to see is just a simple icon-based indicator in the lower-right corner that indicates background activity going on. Hover over it and get a tooltip showing the info we get now during an active task, click on it to see a running tasks view that shows a running log of the files being updated, what's being done, what files are waiting in the queue, etc. And offer a way to skip/cancel a file that MC's stuck on, as happens sometimes. I know MC will eventually time out on its own but I don't always like to wait for whenever that is.

Mans

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2020, 04:46:42 am »

What I'd love to see is just a simple icon-based indicator in the lower-right corner that indicates background activity going on. Hover over it and get a tooltip showing the info we get now during an active task

+1 on this, would a great addition.

Additionally and something I've been asking before: a icon indicating the TV recording tool is active.
This by displaying a red ball and in case multiple TV recordings are going on, the icon could be this multiple red balls 'shadowed' effect or a number is written besides/inside the icon.
Hovering over could give you details like, name of the program, stop time or even a timer informing the time still left recording, tuner number, etc.
-In some cases we'll need to restart the PC for some program or more rarely to restart MC, having a visual indication if some recording is active would be practical.
Such would much more visual as going into TV, Guide, TV status or active tools rapporter to verify it's safe to restart.
I know MC would trow a popup when closing the program during a recording.

Thanks !

LilyAarseth

• World Citizen
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2020, 12:58:09 pm »

Hope it's okay to report bugs here.

On my end the last.fm scrobbling broke on 260090, the box had unticked itself after updating, and when i tick the box for submitting and OK and re-open options it's unticked and I've tried many times but it disables itself when I try to apply. I had to revert to 260087 to fix it.

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2020, 01:51:03 pm »

This was covered on a different post.

Right click the zone in the tree on the left and turn it on from there under "Scrobble "Listening To".

wer

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2020, 04:04:46 pm »

There appears to be a problem with Chromium engine integration.

If you look at this thread, there are more details:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,125753.0.html

If Chromium is selected as the Engine in options, then the links on the "start pages" of Playlists and Services and Plig-ins (in the tree) do not work.  If you change the web browser engine to Internet Explorer, the links work fine.

I was also seeing a freezing problem with MC when Chromium was the selected engine, and that was resolved also by switching to IE.  Details are in the referenced thread.

Awesome Donkey

• Administrator
  • The color of Spring...
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2020, 03:22:29 am »

On my end the last.fm scrobbling broke on 260090, the box had unticked itself after updating, and when i tick the box for submitting and OK and re-open options it's unticked and I've tried many times but it disables itself when I try to apply. I had to revert to 260087 to fix it.

Maybe the Submit playback information to Last.fm (scrobble) checkbox in MC's Options > Services section should either a) go away since it's handled via the zone right click menu now or b) update that checkbox so if you try to check it, it only enables that option for the zone you're currently on (meaning it's linked to the option in the zone right click menu)?

Otherwise more people are going to be confused, I know I was at first until Matt showed me the way.
I don't work for JRiver... I help keep the forums safe from Viagra and other sources of sketchy pharmaceuticals.

Windows 11 2023 Update (23H2) 64-bit + Ubuntu 24.04 LTS Noble Numbat 64-bit | Windows 11 2023 Update (23H2) 64-bit (Intel N305 Fanless NUC 16GB RAM/256GB NVMe SSD)
JRiver Media Center 32 (Windows + Linux) | iFi ZEN DAC 3 | Edifier R2000DB Bookshelf Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50x Headphones

Dream Weaver

• Recent member
JRiver Media Center 26.0.80 ad 26.0.90 crashing on video playback
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2020, 01:25:26 pm »

On My system, MC 26.0.80 and MC 26.0.90 are crashing on video playback at start of video. Happens for all videos in my library. Tried mkv, dvd file, .iso, as well as physical dvd and bluray discs. Problem occurs in Red October HQ, and Red October Standard with and without hardware acceleration

Log and crash files attached.

Update 6/12/2020: Problem appears to be dependent on my specific settings. I did a clean install of 26.0.90 without restoring my settings/library and videos play fine. I then restored my settings (settings only, not the library) and then tried playing videos and MC crashes immediately at start of video playback. I have customized a fair amount of the settings and am not sure which settings could be causing this. I have added an attachment for my MC library backup that includes the "User Settings.ini" file for the configuration that is crashing

Update 2 on 6/12/2020: I figured out which setting was causing the crash on video playback by looking at the diffs for the "User Settings.ini" of the last backup that worked vs crashing scenario. Under "Tools/Options/Audio/DSP & output format", the "Channels" setting changed from "5.1" to "3.1". I changed the "Channel" setting back to "5.1" and that fixed the problem where MC was crashing on video playback. There are two very strange things about this: 1) I do not recall changing the channel setting - could this have been changed by a software update? 2) Changing the channel setting from "3.1" to "5.1" fixed the crash issue, but interestingly, changing the setting from "5.1" back to "3.1" does not reintroduce the crash issue. Added attachment showing the DSP configuration that was causing crash on video playback

MC 26.0.80 or 26.0.90 (64-bit)
Windows 10 Pro 1909 OS Build 18363.900
Nvidia GeForce Game Ready Driver 446.14 (5/27/2020)
Nvidia Control Panel 8.1.940.0
Windows Defender

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2020, 02:00:38 pm »

Make sure you configure Windows Defender.  There's a topic here on it.

Yngwie

• Recent member
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2020, 01:26:44 pm »

Hi! Problem exists on this version as in the prev.
This mp3 file has 2011 year in ID3v1, no year in ID3v2. JRiver shows 1905 year instead.
Pages: [1]   Go Up