INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Connect KEF wireless speaker problem  (Read 1102 times)

jacob448

Connect KEF wireless speaker problem
« on: June 09, 2020, 10:49:50 pm »

Dear all,
I can use Media Centre 25 (Mac) connected with the KEF LS50 wireless speaker properly, However , when I upgraded to Media Centre 26, it can not found the speaker, How can I solve this problem?

abachem

• Recent member
Re: Connect KEF wireless speaker problem
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2020, 04:12:09 am »

if you use MC 26 on a Mac, then you can use many different ways to connect to your LS50. If you use just "wireless", then probably you mean you connect your Mac via "AirPlay" to the LS50. In that case the LS50 do not appear in MC 26 as an audio device unless you select it on the Mac as you current AirPlay device. Once selected ("system setting >> sound" select 'LS50    AirPlay') it appears also in MC26 ("Tools >> Option >> Audio", look for AirPlay). But I do not use this connection with my KEF LSX speakers, because Apples AirPlay can only play up to 16Bit/44,1kHz, thus you don't use all the capabilities of your LS50.

You better connect to your LS50 via DLNA (for this you must activate the MC 26 server (Tools >> Option >> media network >> library server for DLN devices). The only disadvantage then is, that you can't use CloudPlay, since CloudPlay does not work (currently) over DLNA.

The other option would be to use your optical or analog audio output of your Mac and connect it to your LS50 (but unfortunately with a cable and probably and additional DAC).

Achim

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Connect KEF wireless speaker problem
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2020, 06:53:25 am »

Copy your settings from MC25 to MC26.  Probably just the Media Network settings.
Pages: [1]   Go Up