INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV recording directly into a folder? (using .ts)  (Read 748 times)

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
TV recording directly into a folder? (using .ts)
« on: June 10, 2020, 10:46:31 pm »

Currently I use a rule to move a .ts recording into C:\Recorded TV\[Series] ([Year])\

Is there any way to have it record directly to that folder (IE: so it isn't moved, it should create the needed folder first and write the .ts file into the folder)?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: TV recording directly into a folder? (using .ts)
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2020, 08:05:38 am »

It is not possible as it is now.

I have considered this before.  What prevented me from doing it is JTV recording, as a time-shifting session can be started before current program started, so you can never guess the right location.  Technically, it is possible for TS recordings, but I hesitate to implement it because it creates more unnecessary complexity and confusion.  Having said that, if one day I find myself not having things to do, this might be something to add.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Mans

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2020, 11:01:52 am »

+1 on this request Yaobing.
Surely when using comskip or such. All files would be in the respective folder then :-)
Thanks  ;D

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2020, 11:38:35 am »

My particular use case is that I use a different front end to actually play the files, and in order to scrape the right meta-data, it has to be in a folder with the Series name as the folder name.  I am running comskip on it as it records, so if it was recorded directly into a folder, I could start watching 15 minutes in and commercials would be skipped.
Pages: [1]   Go Up