INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lite version of Media Center? (TiVo)  (Read 772 times)

genearch

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Lite version of Media Center? (TiVo)
« on: April 22, 2003, 08:21:50 pm »

First off, I'm really happy with how MC9 now works with Windows Media Streams.. I'll place my order ASAP without hesitation... with that said...

I'm a Mac user and quite honestly I prefer iTunes for serving up my MP3's to the Tivo and iPhoto for serving up photos. Have you considered a "lite" version of MC to primarily serve as a "streaming media" server for TiVo? It's not a pricing issue per se, and I'd gladly pay the same price for a "lite" app. Just a wish for a much cleaner interface on the TiVo side and the option to eliminate the Photo piece of MC9 as showing as an option.

Right now it's

Media Server name Media Center on PC Name
-My Playlist
-Recently Played          

Straight to playlists would be my preference sinde there are no photos or MP3 files on this PC, then I could setup playlists for the different genre's of streaming radio.

Yes, iTunes will stream radio, but not Windows Media streams..I setup a PC on my network for this purpose only.

*This streaming is a real blessing. I have a few stations from LA that I really like to listen to (windows streams) I can try the old fashioned AM radio but it's a terrible signal.

BTW: Thanks so much for making this work in the latest build..I really appreciate the work you have done here.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Lite version of Media Center? (TiVo)
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2003, 04:21:27 am »

We'd love to offer a Mac OSX version of MC.  Maybe some day.

There won't be any way to modify what the TiVo sees in this version.  Maybe the next.

Thanks for your kind words.
Pages: [1]   Go Up