INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2 small problems with MC26?  (Read 376 times)

Steef_V.

• Junior Woodchuck
2 small problems with MC26?
« on: June 12, 2020, 04:31:18 pm »

Just installed MC26 and got myself a license. I came from MC21 (because I don't need new functionality all the time, just a happy user since MC version 8....  :D)

I noticed 2 problems that were not present in MC21:
- scrobbling to Last.fm does not work anymore! When I enable the checkbox for it in Options/Services, whenever I start a track I get prompted to enable access to Last.fm. But 5 seconds before the track ends, MC freezes, and has to be restarted. No scrobbling is done, and also the "Number of plays" is not incremented. When the Last.fm checkbox is disabled all is running fine!

- minor problem: when the mouse pointer is over a track, I used to get the track info within tenths of a second. Now it takes 2 - 3 seconds to appear....

Installed version is 26.0.80

Hope someone has a solution, I may simply have a bad setting somewhere.... Thanks in advance!
Cheers, Steef

[EDIT] 
I just installed version 26.0.90 because in recent versions I saw changes in handling Last.fm. Now the problem CHANGED:
- When I enable the Last.fm checkbox and click OK, and immediately go to Options again, the box is UNCHECKED....

Steef_V.

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: 2 small problems with MC26?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2020, 04:51:12 pm »

Wow, that's a quick answer.... Thanks, I can live with the Track info delay, I guess....

As for the scrobbling problem, it has changed with a newer version.... See my EDIT above.....

Steef_V.

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2020, 05:23:48 pm »

And I also found a solution for that last issue I am having: Matt wrote a few days ago as a reply to the same problem "Right-click the zone in the tree."

My final problem is now: WHERE do I have to click? I don't see a "zone in the tree".... :(

(Sorry for my repeated entries.... I have been away from the forum for a long time, and still have to re-find my way around....)

Steef_V.

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2020, 05:58:06 pm »

I've been using MC since version 8.... But I never looked into "zones" because I didn't need it....  :)

I did find the setting now by right clicking under Playing now. It enabled the "Last.fm checkbox" for me. But now MC is freezing again 5 seconds before the end of the track! This is my original problem....

Thanks for your quick replies! But at the moment its European bedtime!  ;D Continuing tomorrow....
Pages: [1]   Go Up