INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DSP... stereo settings  (Read 375 times)

Z0001

• Citizen of the Universe
DSP... stereo settings
« on: June 13, 2020, 09:10:46 am »

Hi

I have a 5.1 speaker setup with bookshelf speakers and a sub, so I need the sub for bass. It's routed via a surround sound receiver and I want to ensure when listening to stereo via MC that it is only 2.1. So do I need to have DSP set as same source channels ( I assume that the receiver handles the .1 channel), or do I need to set it as 2.1? If i do the latter, MC DSP says stereo is converted to 5.1, but there is no sign of ssurround output.

Thanks
Z

terrym@tassie

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
Re: DSP... stereo settings
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2020, 07:48:56 pm »

If you have an AVR just output stereo, you are correct that the AVR will handle the subwoofer output.

2.1 output in the DSP is for situations where one is using discrete amplifiers to handle a stereo/sub combination e.g a stereo amp for the right and left and a powered subwoofer.
MC outputs the 2.1 in a 5.1 format but as you have observed it does not mix any of the output into the rear or center channels, only the FR, FL and sub channels are populated.
See this recent post for a good discussion of the stereo/sub options: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,125640.0.html
" I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours." -Jerome K. Jerome
Pages: [1]   Go Up