INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: View: Albums: album playing?  (Read 439 times)

hstokar

• Recent member
View: Albums: album playing?
« on: June 22, 2020, 07:12:13 am »

Is there a way to change view so that it does not always open to the first CD in the library?  I would like view to go to the page where the current disc is playing.  Possible?  This was a feature in Itunes that I liked

lepa

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: View: Albums: album playing?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2020, 07:27:15 am »

Not sure if I understood what you mean but if you meant that you at startup of the Media Center you want to see "playing now view" then just go to Tools >> Options >> Startup >> Startup Interface >> Location and select playing now

or if you want to jump to playing now view when you start playing something from another view then go to Tools >> Options >> General >> Behavior >> Jump on play and set it to playing now

hstokar

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2020, 08:11:03 am »

Unfortunately this does not fix the issue.  Let me give you an example.  I am playing Bob Dylan Blood on the Tracks, I would like to see the page where that album is (see other D's).  Right now I have Dylan playing but when I choose ALBUMS on the left side I see the A's...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2020, 08:18:52 am »

Try backing up, using the back space key, or the small left arrow at the top left of the content window.

hstokar

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2020, 08:23:44 am »

That just shows the CD playing.  I want the index to go to the page where the CD is located - that is all.

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2020, 08:37:14 am »

hsttokar - try this

Go to Tools >> Options >> Library & Folders >> ...Manage Library Fields... then select the "Album" field and click anywhere on the words "Show a link checkbox".

After having done that clicking on the "Right Pointing Arrow in a Circle" symbol will open your Albums View - with only the Album you have selected showing.
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

hstokar

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2020, 08:46:16 am »

But do not want to see just that disc.  I want the page indexed to the CD playing, for example if I am playing Dylan I want see Dylan plus all of the other D's nearby...

blgentry

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2020, 03:58:59 pm »

MC does not support what you are asking for.

However, you might want to try using TABS.  Tabs are very much like web browser tabs.  You can keep several open within MC.  So Playing Now is one tab.  Albums are another Tab.  Maybe Artists are a 3rd Tab.  Each tab maintain's it's own history and it's own position.  So you might have the Albums tab scrolled to the Ds.  When you switch to it (by clicking on the tab) it will be where ever you left it.  Like in the Ds for Dylan.

This does not answer your request.  But it does give you some extra flexibility that you might not have known about.

Good luck.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up