INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved] Last.fm scrobbling freezes MC (26.0.90)  (Read 316 times)

Steef_V.

• Junior Woodchuck
[Solved] Last.fm scrobbling freezes MC (26.0.90)
« on: June 13, 2020, 05:14:24 pm »

[I posted this earlier, but I guess the subject was too "general". This time I am making the subject reflect my problem....]

Recently I installed MC26 (26.0.90) and encounter an issue with scrobbling to Last.fm.

After I enable the "Scrobble Listening To" option, whenever I start a track I get prompted to enable access to Last.fm (in older versions I never had to do that). But regardless if I enable access or not, 5 seconds before the track ends, MC freezes, and has to be restarted. No scrobbling is done, and also the "Number of plays" is not incremented. When scrobbling is disabled MC is running fine!

I still have my "old version" MC21 installed, and there I have NO problem! So in my opinion it is NOT related to the Last.fm site....

Thanks in advance for any help!
Steef

Steef_V.

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: [Solved] Last.fm scrobbling freezes MC (26.0.90)
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2020, 04:57:03 pm »

Just to let the reader know.... My problem was SOLVED by just backing up my library on MC21, and restoring it on MC26!
Simple as that!

I didn't do that in the first place, because after installing MC26, everything seemed present the way it should.... I only had to redo my settings. This, too, could have been avoided by backing up/restoring in the first place.... 

I had been extensively looking for any option that might cause the scrobbling problem, but failed to find it. Therefore it was a complete surprise that it now works!

Pages: [1]   Go Up