INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Red Orange TV screen  (Read 664 times)

1maynard

• World Citizen
Red Orange TV screen
« on: June 14, 2020, 07:58:10 am »

A couple of days ago the wife started up MC to watch some live TV. It was locked up so she restarted the PC and it done a MC update to ver 90. she then started watching tv and when she switched channels the screen turned a red-orange tint. I restarted the pc and it came back to normal for about an hour and when she changed channels it turned orange again. We went back to watching tv through the tv tuner. Last night we tried using MC again and again it turned orange. Today I closed MC and the desktop screen was also tinted red-orange. I went into desktop and color settings and reset them. When I restarted it all looks ok but I am wondering what caused it. I do not think the upgrade to ver 90 caused it because the desktop screen was also tinted. Any ideas? I am going to let it run this morning to see if it comes back. I have not updated my nvidia  drivers since early 2019 because of issues I have read about. Do you think I should update the drivers. The nvidia website is not much help since they changed their format.
Tom
Intel I7-8700K, GTX1080 Ti Gaming, 16 GB ram, Silverstone GD08, Integra DRX R1.1  AVR, LG OLED B6 65 TV, Oppo UHD-203 DVD. Klipsch Reference 7.1 Speakers. [2] HDHomerun HDHR4-2 OTA tuners. Win 10 Pro 64 bit

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Red Orange TV screen
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2020, 08:44:00 am »

A loose cable?

1maynard

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2020, 10:57:34 am »

A loose cable?

Thanks JimH, If it happens again I will check for that. I have to remove a cover in my entertainment center to access the cables. I am wondering if it was caused by a windows update? One was installed the day before this happened.
Intel I7-8700K, GTX1080 Ti Gaming, 16 GB ram, Silverstone GD08, Integra DRX R1.1  AVR, LG OLED B6 65 TV, Oppo UHD-203 DVD. Klipsch Reference 7.1 Speakers. [2] HDHomerun HDHR4-2 OTA tuners. Win 10 Pro 64 bit

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2020, 12:31:52 pm »

I would be more inclined to think a driver issue, which could definitely be caused by Windows Update.

The next time it happens, before you reboot, try unplugging the HDMI cable, wait 10 seconds, and then plug it back in, and tell us the results.

1maynard

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2020, 08:00:48 pm »

Will do. So far today it has not acted up. I watched for about three hours this morning and it was ok when I shut it down. I started MC this evening about one hour ago and so far so good. I have changed channels and went from Live Tv to Recordings and still ok.  I too think a windows update caused this.

woollies66

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2020, 07:51:42 pm »

I had the same issues, mainly playing uhd movies. After much trial and error narrowed it down to potential driver issues with "Red October HQ" using MadVR and my GTX1050Ti. I ended up disabling the "Red October HQ" option in MC. Problem sorted

Pages: [1]   Go Up