INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 5.1 MultiChannel FLAC audio over DLNA - how to get LFE channel  (Read 354 times)

ksalno

• Recent member

I recently downloaded some MCH flac audio files and tried streaming them to my theater (Trinnov Altitude 32) using DLNA. MC26 sees the files as 6 channel and seems to be mapping the channels correctly except for the .1 LFE channel that shows up on the input as a Left Side channel. If I play the exact same file using Roon via the Altitude's RAAT connection instead of DLNA the channels are all routed properly and the LFE channel gets routed to the sub. I've defined the DLNA device as Generic and set up DSP for 5.1 but it isn't making any difference. Having been a long time user of JRIver (since at least v14), I'm sure there is probably some setting somewhere I'm missing. I've done some searches but haven't seen anything specific to misrouting of the LFE channel only.

Any suggestions are welcome.

kr4

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: 5.1 MultiChannel FLAC audio over DLNA - how to get LFE channel
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2020, 11:54:30 am »

I recently downloaded some MCH flac audio files and tried streaming them to my theater (Trinnov Altitude 32) using DLNA. MC26 sees the files as 6 channel and seems to be mapping the channels correctly except for the .1 LFE channel that shows up on the input as a Left Side channel. If I play the exact same file using Roon via the Altitude's RAAT connection instead of DLNA the channels are all routed properly and the LFE channel gets routed to the sub. I've defined the DLNA device as Generic and set up DSP for 5.1 but it isn't making any difference. Having been a long time user of JRIver (since at least v14), I'm sure there is probably some setting somewhere I'm missing. I've done some searches but haven't seen anything specific to misrouting of the LFE channel only.

Any suggestions are welcome.
I have a vague recollection that there is an option in Trinnov that distinguishes among the various possible channel layouts. 
Kal Rubinson
"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile
Pages: [1]   Go Up