INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is happening with MC and my network speakers?  (Read 706 times)

Brian2020

• Recent member
What is happening with MC and my network speakers?
« on: June 22, 2020, 11:38:46 am »

Over the past week I noticed a surprising change in MC's interactions with my Kef LSX speakers and would be grateful if anyone can explain what is happening.

Some time back in March, I think, I posted about the problems I was having i.e. after a period of playback, MC would lose control of the LSX speakers and I'd tear my hair trying to make the system work again. I had some suggestions from guys on here, including Bob who asked me to email the MC. None of the suggestions worked. Then I discovered that if I restarted the router, everything started working smoothly again. Except that I been having to restart the router every day or 2. But then last week something changed:
1. the network speakers have along appeared on MC as "KEF LSX" but that changed to "LSX 0242C2"
2. I  noticed I also no longer need to restart the router, which is great.

Meanwhile,
1. I have not updated MC in weeks and am still on 26.0.87.
2. I have not updated the machine's OS since OS X 10.15.5 came out.
3. the firmware on the router has not updated since the January.
4. the network speakers' firmware has not updated since last year.

What is happening? Should I be concerned about these self-initiated changes?

Note, I also operate MC from another machine running on High Sierra and have noticed on it the same change: suddenly identifying network speakers as "LSX 0242C2" not "KEF LSX" as previously, and no more incidents of MC losing control of the speakers.

Just to be clear: I'm delighted by the improvement in performance. I'm just curious to understand why and how it has come about.

Thanks

Brian

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: What is happening with MC and my network speakers?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2020, 12:39:31 pm »

Over the past week I noticed a surprising change in MC's interactions with my Kef LSX speakers and would be grateful if anyone can explain what is happening.

Some time back in March, I think, I posted about the problems I was having i.e. after a period of playback, MC would lose control of the LSX speakers and I'd tear my hair trying to make the system work again. I had some suggestions from guys on here, including Bob who asked me to email the MC. None of the suggestions worked. Then I discovered that if I restarted the router, everything started working smoothly again. Except that I been having to restart the router every day or 2. But then last week something changed:
1. the network speakers have along appeared on MC as "KEF LSX" but that changed to "LSX 0242C2"
2. I  noticed I also no longer need to restart the router, which is great.

Meanwhile,
1. I have not updated MC in weeks and am still on 26.0.87.
2. I have not updated the machine's OS since OS X 10.15.5 came out.
3. the firmware on the router has not updated since the January.
4. the network speakers' firmware has not updated since last year.

What is happening? Should I be concerned about these self-initiated changes?

Note, I also operate MC from another machine running on High Sierra and have noticed on it the same change: suddenly identifying network speakers as "LSX 0242C2" not "KEF LSX" as previously, and no more incidents of MC losing control of the speakers.

Just to be clear: I'm delighted by the improvement in performance. I'm just curious to understand why and how it has come about.

Thanks

Brian
I'm guessing that the firmware on the speakers auto-upgraded.

Brian2020

• Recent member
Re: What is happening with MC and my network speakers?
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2020, 05:10:30 pm »

Hi Bob, thanks! You're right, there seems to have been an auto-update of the speakers' firmware! In spite of me not setting up auto-update!
Anyway thanks.
Best
Brian
Pages: [1]   Go Up