INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote without internet  (Read 655 times)

markkufinn

• Recent member
JRemote without internet
« on: June 24, 2020, 09:06:24 am »

I just built a dedicated JRiver 26 music server using Windows 10 Pro. I want to control JRiver with my ipad through a wireless router connected to the server via ethernet cable. I do not have an internet connection as server is for my remote cabin. I have been having problems making the link from the ipad through the router to the server. Any help would be appreciated. My other server connects no problem to ipad in my primary home using the code from JRiver options. Thanks

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRemote without internet
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2020, 10:07:09 am »

The code requires access to the Internet to get access to the JRiver servers. However, you can configure JRemote by manually entering the comupter's local IP address and port number. That does not require Internet access.  To get your local IP address on Wndows, open the Search window, type cmd and then ipconfig. Or you can get it from the  network settings in Control Panel. It will be 4 numbers, separated by periods - like 10.0.0.100 or 192.168.0.50.  If you want to be very sure the computer's address does not change over time, you can set a permanent IP address in the network setup options.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRemote without internet
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2020, 10:08:21 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up