INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playing Now Toolbar Button?  (Read 567 times)

Jamil

• Galactic Citizen
Playing Now Toolbar Button?
« on: June 25, 2020, 05:30:15 am »

26.0.94 (6/17/2020)

1. Changed: Automatically update the Playing Now toolbar button (instead of requiring a re-add).
2. Changed: MC will be more tolerating to badly written "Year" tag by other programs.

Where would I find the Playing Now toolbar button?  Would it be one of those radio buttons right above Playing Now?

Does this mean that this button will auto-click to refill once Playing Now is empty?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Playing Now Toolbar Button?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2020, 09:29:40 am »

Right-click on the File, Edit, View, etc. menu at the top and pick "Customize Toolbar...".  You can customize the top or bottom toolbars that way.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Jamil

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2020, 10:23:20 am »

Thanks. 

I actually never used this feature before, and thanks for making this change!

Jamil

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2020, 08:21:52 pm »

In all the versions of MediaCenter I have used, this is the first time ever turning on this customizable toolbar.  I am just learning that it exists.  I never knew that a toolbar used the same screen space as either:  the main menu at the top or the status bar at the bottom.

When it is set to use the status bar, bad things happen with the text at the bottom.  I have it set to show text labels, because the Add to Playing Now and Clear Playing Now share the exact same icon.  Two of the same icon is a little confusing at first glance, so I show text labels like so:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/mlhl1jbyv72x19e/MC26_with_toolbar.png

With the toolbar enabled at the bottom, the status bar text that is usually centered gets shifted to the right.  I wonder what happens when it gets too long?

Anyway, I understand the rationale for placing it in these two places.  The status bar and top menu bar are fixed positions and will always remain regardless of skin design.  The toolbar using the status bar's space unfortunately causes loss of information when one or both are too long.
Pages: [1]   Go Up