INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crash on Stop  (Read 707 times)

nedam

• Junior Woodchuck
Crash on Stop
« on: June 26, 2020, 10:55:15 am »

Hello all,
I have been having a problem for the last year or so (JRiver 25 & 26) that I cannot seem to resolve. I have attached the file that I created through Help-Logfile-Report Problem.

After playing for an extended period of time (Perhaps > 10 tracks) in Theater view when I hit the stop button on my remote JRiver freezes and then crashes. If I hit the stop button after a couple of tracks there is no issue. I have tried many things including video drivers and of course 26 when it came out but nothing seems to resolve the issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Win 10 - i7 - 8GB - MOTU Ultralite

Thanks,

ND

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Crash on Stop
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2020, 11:23:31 am »

You may need to configure Windows Defender.

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,114101.0.html

Is the remote a standard Media Center Remote?  Did you reprogram anything in the remote area?  Does a keyboard stop also cause the problem?

nedam

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2020, 03:31:14 pm »

It is a standard Media Center Remote (The old Microsoft version that came with a keyboard.) I don't think I reprogrammed anything but will check and the Microsoft remote keyboard does cause the same problem but I will try with a different remote.

I believe I have already run through the Window Defender list but will do so again.

I will report back.

Thanks Jim

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2020, 06:10:15 pm »

It would be worth testing on another machine if you have one.

Are the files local or on a NAS or USB drive?

nedam

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2020, 06:41:37 pm »

Jim all files are local and the odd thing is that hitting stop after just a couple of songs never causes an issue. I have made a more thorough implementation of the Defender changes and am testing now. If this doesn't work I will try another computer.

Thanks again I will post results.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2020, 10:05:10 pm »

Think about the playback side.  What driver are you using to play to the Motu Ultralite?

It's possible that MC's 32 bit version might work better with the driver.

nedam

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2020, 09:59:42 am »

Thanks Jim. 

Update- As Jim suggested I tried the 32 bit version and at the same time I disabled Defender completely. Most of the day on Sunday it worked fine.  Multiple times I let it play for an hour or more, hit stop and had no issues but late in the afternoon it failed again. I checked to see if Defender had been re-enabled automatically by Windows and it was in fact active again. 

Next- I have disabled Defender permanently and over the next couple of days will test again with the 32 bit MC and Defender off. If that does resolve the issue I will then test the 64 bit version with Defender off.

I will report back.

Jim thanks again.

nedam

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2020, 08:02:42 am »

Update 7/7
After several days I have found the best combination is the 64 bit version of MC with a completely disabled Windows Defender. This does not rectify the problem completely but does mitigate the issue. I am still trying to fix the problem and will next try a different computer. 

I have noticed that upon reaching the end of my cued music I cannot start playing more music without first hitting the Stop button (MC plays the last song and is silent I move to what I want to play next, hit the Play button and nothing happens.) and this will often make MC crash. Does that point to anything? Should I have to click the Stop button to play more music even when the music has stopped playing on its own?

Edit: I should have mentioned I was in Theater view for the above.

Thanks,

ND
Pages: [1]   Go Up