INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: If I create or edit a music playlist, those tracks show up twice in library view  (Read 446 times)

Rootdown4594

• Recent member

So if I send some tracks to a playlist, those tracks now show up twice in the library. Also they show up in the "Recent Albums" view even if they've already been imported. Only happens to new playlists or if I edit an old playlist and export it to save it as a playlist file.

Just started happening recently. Didn't do this in the past.

The tracks are not being physically duplicated on the hard drive. They are just listed multiple times in the library.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

What file format are you exporting Playlist file to?
Where you save the Playlist files, is that included in the Auto Import settings, so that it gets imported again?
What are your Auto Import settings, including the file types that will be imported?
Do you have Playlists set to be imported in Auto Import?

When you say recently, was it possibly early April 2020?

Where are you seeing the duplicates? In Smartlists or Views, or elsewhere?
Where you see the duplicates, how it MC configured? i.e. If you see them in Smartlists or Views, how are those configured or defined? Are they standard or Custom Views?

Do you do anything else as part of your workflow when you create and export these Playlist files?

What specific version of MC are you using, MC26.0.98?
Do you know at what version this started to happen?

PS: I did a simple test and can't reproduce this issue.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Rootdown4594

• Recent member

I just cleared my library and reimported it. Seems to have fixed it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up