INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MKV’s are multiple files can I combine them...?  (Read 381 times)

Mcallister

• Recent member
MKV’s are multiple files can I combine them...?
« on: July 03, 2020, 07:14:30 am »

I use makeMKV to rip all my Blu-Ray audio discs for easy access through JRiver 26. I’m new to JRiver so please bear with me if this has been covered.

When I rip say Darkside of the Moon from the Immersion set instead of just one folder it separates the disc into like 4 or 5. This happened with all my discs. Is there a way to combine them so it just has the normal disc image so I can playback? Trying to just use one of the folders it doesn’t give me any options to change format, a menu, anything. I’m trying to make it so it’s just like inserting the disc in my player.

Thanks

jkauff

• World Citizen
Re: MKV’s are multiple files can I combine them...?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2020, 08:23:43 am »

You can append additional .mkv files to the main movie with the MKVToolNix application, but that won't give you the Blu-ray disc structure.

MakeMKV has a "Backup" option available in the File menu. It's disabled when you load the disc, so just put the disc in the drive and start MakeMKV. Check the "Decrypt video" option and provide an output folder on your hard drive. You'll then have an exact copy of your disc, minus the copy protection, but with no .mkv files.

Mcallister

• Recent member
Re: MKV’s are multiple files can I combine them...?
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2020, 06:25:49 am »

Thank you!
Pages: [1]   Go Up