INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: disable certain audio tracks in imported playlists  (Read 616 times)

jgp5775

• Recent member
disable certain audio tracks in imported playlists
« on: July 03, 2020, 07:24:41 pm »

I am new and would like to disable playing certain tracks in my imported playlists. There is no box to check or uncheck like in itunes.
Is there a workaround to do this and if so can some go through the steps considering I am pretty new. Thank you in advance for any help

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: disable certain audio tracks in imported playlists
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2020, 10:00:33 pm »

Whether a file is playable or not is set at the file level. Set the field [Playbale] to 0 (zero) and MC won't play it. The field is actually a Checkbox, just like iTunes.

If you were importing an XML style iTunes Playlist into MC, and it had an equivalent field in there, then MC would set the field appropriately.

Post a sample of your Playlist if you can't work it out from there.

Search the Wiki for articles on tagging, Manage Library Fields, and other related topics.

PS:
I don't use iTunes anymore, and never exported or imported Playlists into it, so I don't know the format, or reasons for doing it. But MC can just import all your files, and if you export your iTunes library in XML format MC can import that. I would expect that to include Playlists and other features. How well that works, I don't know. But look under the top menu, "Files > Import from iTunes Database". You will also notice the option to "File > Import From iTunes", which will import all Playlists from iTunes into MC. There is a lot of discussion about iTunes and integration with it on the forum.

What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

jgp5775

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2020, 10:21:37 pm »

Thnk you but how exactly do I set the field for the file? if you could explain the steps I would appreciate that. Maybe right click on that file within the playlist?
If so what after I right click on the audio file that I do not want to play in the playlist?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2020, 11:34:34 pm »

Search the Wiki for articles on tagging, Manage Library Fields, and other related topics.

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Tagging plus the links included in that article.

MC has quite a learning curve. Some things like Playlists and Playing Now work a little differently to other applications.

You need to do your research (reading and experimenting) and learn how to do all the basics in MC. It all becomes obvious and easy after a while.

Simple instructions:
Select the file in a View or Playlist. (Naturally, the files need to have been imported into the MC Library first.)
Open the tagging windows using Alt+Enter, or right-click and select Tag, or click on Tag in the Action Window which is at the bottom left of Standard View.
The Playable field/tag in under the "Advanced" section of the tag window. Scroll to that, or use the search bar at the bottom of the tag window to find it quickly.
Edit the tag as you wish. Mc will save the value.

There are other ways to do this, such as adding the [Playable] field to a View or Playlist, but try the above first and then learn how to do more from the Wiki and Forum. Use search in both.

See this: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,111775.0.html
Specifically, watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG9D7Qy3b2M
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

jgp5775

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2020, 10:16:19 am »

thank you .yes I am continuing to learn. I did edit the tag but still do not know how to edit it so that it will skip the song in the playlist.
I did look at the video and other reference but those did not address my issue. thanks again for your help though

jgp5775

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2020, 10:51:01 am »

Thank you.  I finally got it now
Pages: [1]   Go Up