INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Format of date tag  (Read 793 times)

jacobacci

• Galactic Citizen
Format of date tag
« on: July 07, 2020, 03:28:41 am »

I am currently trying to get to grips with MinimServer2.
I have run into a problem with regards to the date tag of many of my dsf files.
I have described the problem here
http://forum.minimserver.com/showthread.php?tid=5738
Simon has indicated that my "date tags are YYYY-DD-MM. The UPnP specification requires YYYY-MM-DD."
Rewriting all the tags from the JRiver library and doing a rescan with MinimServer has not changed anything.
Is there any way to make JRiver write the date tag in the correct format?
Thanks a lot

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Format of date tag
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2020, 07:45:10 am »

MC stores Dates as a decimal number representing the number of days since the December 30th, 1899 at 00:00:00, which is known as the epoch date. Add an Expression Column to any View and use the Expression [Date,0] to see the raw data, which will be a decimal number. That Date number is stored in a tag called JR_DATE in a FLAC file, for example. It looks like the "Date" tag in the file just stores the Year for FLAC.

You are in complete control of how Dates are formatted for viewing in MC, but not how they are stored, and they are stored differently for different file types. You can view the plain text tag section at the beginning of a FLAC files using a decent editor, such as Notepad++. I'm not sure if you can do the same with DSF files.

Tags written to files are written in plain text, and so they would need a format. If so, on Windows, MC would follow the Windows Region Settings. You must have those set to YYYY-DD-MM. Although that doesn't even seem to be an option in Windows 10.

Of course, that is assuming that Simon is correct about the date format. Verify what Simon has said. I've never known any common system that uses YYYY-DD-MM. MC tends to follow standards pretty well, and other people are using MimimServer with MC. Maybe those others connect the MimimServer to the MC DLNA Server, rather than import the files directly. Search the forum.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

zybex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2020, 07:59:31 am »

Are you sure the problem is the date format? You get a warning about the date, but you also get an error regarding the file path:
"Error: playlist Playlists NAS (relative Path)/Queffelec - Satie (96.0).m3u: no matching file for ..\3c 96.0\Queffelec, Anne\Satie, Erik - Satie et Compagnie (96.0)\01-28-Hivernale.flac

Simon said that the filepaths need to follow linux convention, ie, fwd-slashes. You can try editing the .m3u and change the backslashes to forward-slash to see if it works. And check that the referenced file does exist.

jacobacci

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2020, 05:39:02 am »

Are you sure the problem is the date format? You get a warning about the date, but you also get an error regarding the file path:
Simon said that the filepaths need to follow linux convention, ie, fwd-slashes. You can try editing the .m3u and change the backslashes to forward-slash to see if it works. And check that the referenced file does exist.
The error messages in the log concern two different issues. I was able to fix the playlist issue by replacing backslashes with forward slashes. Thanks

jacobacci

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2020, 05:52:10 am »

Of course, that is assuming that Simon is correct about the date format. Verify what Simon has said. I've never known any common system that uses YYYY-DD-MM. MC tends to follow standards pretty well, and other people are using MimimServer with MC. Maybe those others connect the MimimServer to the MC DLNA Server, rather than import the files directly. Search the forum.

I can see the tags of FLAC files with a text editor, but unfortunately not of DSF files.

The specification for ID3 tag version 2.3.0 defines the TDAT field as follows:
https://id3.org/id3v2.3.0
TDAT: The 'Date' frame is a numeric string in the DDMM format containing the date for the recording. This field is always four characters long
About one third of the way down

mp3tag seems to populate this field backwards as MMDD. I have contacted the developer of mp3tag about this.
Would anyone know how JRiver populates this field?

jacobacci

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2020, 07:05:03 am »

I suspect that the culprit regarding the date tag issue is sacd_extract.exe and the data on the SACDs.
My workflow is as follows:
- rip the sacd to iso using a Pioneer BDP-160 and sacd_extract
- extract the dsf files from the iso again using sacd_extract
I suspect the date filed is populated by sacd_extract during this process, resulting in the errors reported by MinimServer. JRiver is probably not at fault here.

nickycousin

• Recent member
  • Hardcore Junglist® 🏃 🏃6♡1® be seeing you !
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2020, 03:08:42 am »

im having date problems with everything from music and videos ive tried installing 25and 26  same issue my guess is a windows problem as it only started 2 days ago i have posted in the forum for help  ;D also found that turning off game mode in windows settings speeds up media centre hugely with importing as well and performance :)
YOUARENUMBER6
Pages: [1]   Go Up