INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Artist Images  (Read 1372 times)

larryrup

• World Citizen
Artist Images
« on: July 07, 2020, 11:45:12 am »

Currently using latest release (.98).  Anyone having a problem displaying artist images in Playing Now display arera?  Worked when I upgraded to v26, and not certain when it stopped (and stopped on two different installs on different PC's).

Can any one confirm or deny?

Thanks,

Larry
Larry
HTPC, , JRiver.  Music Source:Network share drive.  Speakers:B&W P6, AMP:Yaqin 100b, DAC:BiFrost Uber, Headphones:Audeze LCD2, Sens HD600, AT W5000, Headphone Amps:XCAN v8, Woo Fireflies, Original EarMax.

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Artist Images
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2020, 04:24:52 am »

my artist images are still working fine (.98)

larryrup

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2020, 10:15:46 pm »

Thanks.    Somewhere in the blur of pre-pandemic memory, I do remember seeing a place where sites to get images could be added/deleted, which am certain I did not change, but don't recall seeing any other settings for this.  I do understand with a right click you need to click on the drop down item "artist images" which results in a check mark in front of that text.  Images do work in Theater View, but not (on two PC's) in Playing now .  Any settings to look at?

Thanks
Larry
HTPC, , JRiver.  Music Source:Network share drive.  Speakers:B&W P6, AMP:Yaqin 100b, DAC:BiFrost Uber, Headphones:Audeze LCD2, Sens HD600, AT W5000, Headphone Amps:XCAN v8, Woo Fireflies, Original EarMax.

elderavelas

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2020, 03:17:59 pm »

Same issue here, even with the latest 26.0.103 build.

larryrup

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2020, 10:54:08 pm »

Anyone with knowledge of how artist images works?  Works in Theater View, but not in Playing Now in Standard view.  Worked when the release was announced, but somewhere along the line, stopped for me...several months ago, on both my PC's.

Anywhere to look for a setting?

Thanks!
Larry

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2020, 09:33:04 am »

Mine are still working and I use Standard View.

Have you tried a different skin?  Also, check to make sure the image files are still there.  If they are not in the tag, it may have something to do with the folder.jpg or similar file in the files folder.  To check, just highlight a file and select tag and scroll down to where the image is.  I keep all of mine in the file itself.

Start there. If there is no image in the tag, that's where your problem begins.

larryrup

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2020, 11:01:10 am »

Interesting.

I tried a different skin.  No Change.  I generally use Marko's Black & Blue, but tried one of the default v26 skins as well.

I have for quite a while used to option to save the cover art in the file, and seem to forever be deleting folder.jpg and other cover art files.  Would not have thought cover art was related to the artist images setting.  To be clear, one static album cover does display, but never changes to  random internet images for the artist.

I looked at the tags and in the "image File" field.  It is marked "inside file" and the follow two fields (img height and width) have varying sizes depending on the file.

In my own feeble attempts at trying to figure this out, I tried turning off firewalls in the router and windows. Since this is happening on two PC's in the house, I thought it might be something common to them both. I didn't thing that was the issue, as it wasn't.

Appreciate the info.
Larry
Larry

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2020, 07:30:43 pm »

I mistook you were talking about cover art.  The rotating images I've only used in Theater view.

Is this what you're talking about?

larryrup

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2020, 10:34:02 pm »

Yes.  If you select Artist Images in the drop down menu on a right mouse click, artist images replace the album cover art, like Playing Now in Theater View.  This did work, but I can no longer get to work. Hasn't work for me for a while.  I'm current on version.  It stopped quite a while ago.  Certainly two or three (minor) versions ago, although I am not suggesting it started with a software update.  I do not know what the cause is, and since others don't seem to have the issue (although one user has confirmed the issue) I at least think it's a setting....but can't find it.

Thanks

Larry
Larry

elderavelas

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2020, 06:07:51 pm »

Build 106 and the issue remains.

mvandyke

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2020, 08:47:00 am »

Will this be fixed with a JRiver 26 release?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2020, 10:23:58 am »

Yes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up