INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Format of Date Tag - for Date Imported  (Read 628 times)

MusicBringer

• Galactic Citizen
  • MC32.0.87 x64bit
Format of Date Tag - for Date Imported
« on: July 07, 2020, 05:37:22 pm »

You are in complete control of how Dates are formatted for viewing in MC, but not how they are stored, and they are stored differently for different file types.

I would like to change the way Date Imported is displayed, please.
My view displays 30th December 1899 at 00:00:00 which Roderick said is known as the epoch date. Good.

I would prefer the display without the time suffix.
For example 07/07/2020 [and not 07/07/2020 09:29]
Caesar adsum jam forte. Brutus aderat. Caesar sic in omnibus. Brutus sic inat.

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Format of Date Tag - for Date Imported
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2020, 05:45:12 pm »

Surely the import date should have the actual time of the import not just the day-month-year, how would you know which file was imported first without the timestamp. If your view is showing 1899 I would suspect that your computer time is seriously wrong! Here is an example of mine.
English spiders are kind of small, but when I was living in the African rain forest well ......

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2020, 06:23:08 pm »

I agree with BigSpider. I use the time files were imported as much as the date.

Alas, there is no way to change the display format of [Date Imported] itself. Well, mainly because it is just a number. The formatting of dates is automatically handled by MC and depends a bit on the content and which date field it is.

Anyway, it is easy to fix the display of [Date Imported]. Just replace the field in the View with an Expression Column, and use the Expression;

FormatDate([Date Imported,0], Date,)

You can even name the Expression Column "Date Imported" so as not to confuse, and the only visible change is the date format displayed.

Ref: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Date_and_Time_Functions#FormatDate
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

MusicBringer

• Galactic Citizen
  • MC32.0.87 x64bit
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2020, 05:40:59 pm »

Hello RoderickGI, that's wonderful. That's just what I wanted. I am very happy.
thanks, 😊
Caesar adsum jam forte. Brutus aderat. Caesar sic in omnibus. Brutus sic inat.
Pages: [1]   Go Up