INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DSP for DLNA  (Read 805 times)

trash116

• Recent member
DSP for DLNA
« on: July 08, 2020, 02:54:40 pm »

Hi everyone.

I'm totally confused and looking for some help on MC26.
I've read posts on here, googled, and expiremented - and i'm confused and cant get MC to work as I want.

In summary, I have a small portable sony speaker connected to my WIFI network, and I want to apply DSP settings to the playback through that zone in MC (the speaker).  But I cant get it to work.

The zone is working - i.e. i can play through the speaker, but I can't associate my DSP settings.

I've tested my understanding and can set up a DSP setting thats easy to hear if its working (i've increased pitch/time drastically). And that is working when playback is through the MC player on my NUC connected to my TV.

I looked at other posts, and tried the concept of right clicking the speaker zone in MC,  but couldn't see how to associate the DSP settings to the zone.   I found an option  to "Associate with DLNA server" and thought that might be it....    but when i select that  there is a greyed out option that says " Only one server, used by default"

I would love some help --- i've gone mad for about 3hours on this --- its probably a noobie user error --- but would love some help

thank you all

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
Re: DSP for DLNA
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2020, 03:07:23 pm »

You need to set up a media server under tools>options>Media Network> Add or onfigure DLNA Servers. Then in that server set your dsp up the way you want it. You can then right click on the zone and associate it with your new server. Hope that helps.

(You will find the dsp settings after you click on the advanced button on your new media server page.)
English spiders are kind of small, but when I was living in the African rain forest well ......

trash116

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2020, 03:25:56 pm »

Will the DSP settings apply if i am controlling MC via JRemote on my Android phone to play via my sony speaker?

many thanks

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2020, 03:38:43 pm »

Yes they should be.Try it and see.
English spiders are kind of small, but when I was living in the African rain forest well ......

trash116

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2020, 03:43:27 pm »

im more confused now, ive got it working through mc...  but not when i use jremote....   i dont understand what im doing wrong

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2020, 03:46:24 pm »

Have you selected the speaker zone to play to in the jremote app?

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2020, 03:52:19 pm »

I am just trying it out playing to my network streamer and it is correctly carrying out the instruction to resample to 24 bit 96khz output according to the screen on the streamer.

trash116

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2020, 03:59:48 pm »

aaaaah i dont think i had selected the speaker zone to play in the jremote app...   sorry to be a pain - could you tell me how to do that...  thanks for the help so far...    i know this is user error haha

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2020, 04:03:27 pm »

If you look towards the bottom left of the jremote app you will probably see 'This device' selected, if you click on that a list of all of your zones will come up and you then choose the one you want to play to.

trash116

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2020, 04:08:39 pm »

aaah yes sorry i had done that in JRemote...

I thought you meant i had to do something inside MC.

I set a DSP with pitch/time at extremes so i could easily see if working

So - if im using the player inside MC, running on my nuc connected to TV - the DSP is working - everything is sped up.

On JRemote it's playing at normal speed

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2020, 04:11:10 pm »

Did you set that dsp in the media server you have associated with your speaker zone? The player zone is entirely independent and uses the MC audio system.

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2020, 04:27:45 pm »

Here is a screen capture to help.

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2020, 04:35:37 pm »

And here is a screen capture of the DSP being appled by the media server which is sending the audio to the streamer after being instructed to via the JRemote app.

trash116

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2020, 08:32:04 am »

@BigSpider

It worked - thank you so much for your help and pointers....

I've asked another even more basic question (sorry for my lack of knowledge) on the network part of the forum - don't know if you may be able to help with that.

Cheers
Pages: [1]   Go Up