INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC26 DLNA with OPPO UDP-203 has some problem.  (Read 1684 times)

vcastceo

• Junior Woodchuck
MC26 DLNA with OPPO UDP-203 has some problem.
« on: July 12, 2020, 11:58:31 pm »

Hello, I am using MC26 with DLNA feature enabled.
I have OPPO UDP-203 and DAC, so I would like to connect my OPPO as DLNA renderer.
My windows 10 PC and OPPO are both connected same HUB, and same IP address range.
Problem is, my MC26 does not show OPPO UDP-203 as renderer, on ZONE area.
My LG TV and Onkyo Receiver(with chromcast built-in) are appear at once on Zone area when I enabled DLNA.
OPPO UDP-203, on the other hand, is not. It is ok so far.

When I connect my OPPO UDP-203 with OPPO MediaControl App(Android and IOS), I can see JRiver Server,
and I can navigate all librarys and files and play without problem.
Only thing is that when I try to "Search" library, OPPO remote app shows nothing and my JRiver on PC is hang, and crashed stop working.
I did test couple of times, all same result.
I have no idea which one occurs this problem. OPPO MediaControl Remote app? Or JRiver itself?  ?

So I want use JRemote, I purchase it from App Store, it working flawlessly throughout whole library. Searching, showing album arts, etc.
But I can't use JRemote because it does not show my OPPO UDP-203 as rederer, so I can't play my music files from JRiver to OPPO.
OPPO can brings JRiver files without problem.
JRiver can't send stream to OPPO since it does not show on my JRiver.  :'(

What can I do? Just using OPPO Remote without using search feature? (It is difficult, because I have thousands of files on my library)
Or, is there any way to add my OPPO UDP-203 as DLNA renderer on my JRiver MC26?
I can see some screenshots on google which shows OPPO BDP-105 is on JRiver "Now Plating" zone, but not OPPO UDP-203 or 205 yet.

Hope to see good solutions, thanks in advance all JRiver professionals.  :) 

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC26 DLNA with OPPO UDP-203 has some problem.
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2020, 11:42:02 am »

Since your library is so large, the Oppo probably cannot handle it. MC requires that the connecting server support the search function and that could serve up a huge amount of data depending on the search terms.

Your Oppo should however show up as a renderer Zone in MC, I have a 103 and it works fine.
You might check in MC by right-clicking on the player zone to see if it's been hidden by accident.
Also on the Oppo under Network Setting, Make sure My Network is turned on.

vcastceo

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2020, 04:49:36 am »

Since your library is so large, the Oppo probably cannot handle it. MC requires that the connecting server support the search function and that could serve up a huge amount of data depending on the search terms.

Your Oppo should however show up as a renderer Zone in MC, I have a 103 and it works fine.
You might check in MC by right-clicking on the player zone to see if it's been hidden by accident.
Also on the Oppo under Network Setting, Make sure My Network is turned on.

Thanks for your reply!
First problem, which my JRiver is hang when I try to search library from OPPO Media Control App, I will try to give more time to show up the result.
Maybe I'm a bit hurry to wait result.

Second, I saw many people said that their 103 is on the "Play Now" as a renderer, but I can find nobody mention about 203.
My Oppo "My Network" is of course turned on.
When I right-click Player Zone of JRiver, nothing is hided items. but my LG TV and Onkyo Receiver which has built-in Chromecast, is showing on there but not my 203.
It is connected both of 203 and JRiver on same Hub(Router), and has same IP address range. I can ping 203 from PC.
Firmware of 203 is latest one. I'm afraid that maybe 203 has no capability to acting as a renderer but many people said it can be under Roon streaming service. 203 is recognizable as endpoint for Roon, I saw couple articles from web, but nobody mention about JRiver and 203...  :'(

I also asked AVSForum's JRiver Owner's thread, nobody give me a answer.
To OPPO, I haven't asked yet, but I believe they won't give me a proper answer for this.   :(

vcastceo

• Junior Woodchuck
It is really, really weird but I've solved problem.
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2020, 11:32:23 am »

I finally solve the problem.
Now my OPPO UDP-203 is appear on "Play Now", I can use my 203 as Media renderer, no problem.
First, my JRiver PC was connected directly to my Internet Router. It uses DHCP and my router gives certain IP address automatically.
Second, since my Router does not have free port anymore, I connect 5port GiE HP switch under my Router, and my OPPO was connected there.
So my OPPO also get IP address from same Router which my JRiver PC is connected, consequently OPPO also has same IP range as my PC.
But.... OPPO did not show on my JRiver as Media renderer, it was start this headache event.

Today, I've moved PC LAN cable from Router to Sub-Switch, so it is "Directly" connected with OPPO cause' both connected physically same switch. Normally it is not a matter at all whether both connected same switch or not if they still on same network.
But wolla! OPPO is there in Play Now area, problem solved!

Ok, everything is fine but I don't understand why it can't be connected at first place? It was ANYWAY same network!
Headaches throws to the bin, now I'm enjoy Music from my OPPO with JRiver DLNA Server controlled by JRemote. Happy enough!  ;D

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2020, 08:51:13 am »

Great to hear.
The issue I would guess is that the switch is filtering out the SSDP multicast packets that are needed by DLNA to discover devices.
Some routers do that as well between the lan and wireless lan. It's sometimes a setting on the router that you can change.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2020, 06:18:33 pm »

The issue I would guess is that the switch is filtering out the SSDP multicast packets that are needed by DLNA to discover devices.
Some routers do that as well between the lan and wireless lan. It's sometimes a setting on the router that you can change.

Bob, it might alternatively be related to TTL (time to live) aka “hop count”. Unless explicitly otherwise set, I think UPNP multi-cast discovery packets default to a TTL of 4, which means that packets may be forwarded through a maximum of 4 relaying devices.
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2020, 09:19:40 am »

Bob, it might alternatively be related to TTL (time to live) aka “hop count”. Unless explicitly otherwise set, I think UPNP multi-cast discovery packets default to a TTL of 4, which means that packets may be forwarded through a maximum of 4 relaying devices.
Thanks for that Andrew, I wasn't aware of it and that certainly would come into play on some networks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up