INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library View vs Smart Playlist?  (Read 359 times)

Ferdi

• World Citizen
Library View vs Smart Playlist?
« on: July 15, 2020, 04:00:31 am »

I have been wondering for a very long time what the advantages are of smart playlists over library views. With the option to select which files to include (set rules for file display), I can set up the same rules for which files to display. Or not?

I tend to use Library Views, in particular for managing, selecting and tagging files, because
  • it gives me the advantage of having the panels on top
  • the views are in the same Library Root (e.g. Audio), making navigation quicker

Not sure if I am missing out on anything?
Thanks for opinions!

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Library View vs Smart Playlist?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2020, 07:04:16 am »

When it comes to editing/adding tags I'm a great fan of smartlists. They are so easy to set up and I find they are easier to tailor to "varying needs", i.e. selecting and restricting the tags that are exposed, than Views also it is far easier to change the sort order of the columns/tags in a Smartlist than it is in a View - especially when working with several copies of the same track on multiple albums.
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up