INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Small issue with Track# sorting (MC26.0.94) - [SOLVED]  (Read 644 times)

Steef_V.

• Junior Woodchuck
Small issue with Track# sorting (MC26.0.94) - [SOLVED]
« on: July 16, 2020, 03:02:55 pm »

Some time ago I finally found a solution for an issue which I've had for many, many years (in several previous MC versions).... BUT, my age is playing tricks on me again (  :o ) - I truly cannot find again what I did to solve it.

Issue:
I frequently use the Explorer view under "Drives and devices".
When viewing an album and sorting by track# on double albums (or triple for that matter), it SOMETIMES happens that the album art is in between the 2 volumes. See the example in the attached file.
MOST albums display this properly, first the tracks in the right order, and then the album art. Only SOME albums have this issue.

It does not help to delete the album art, and recreate it - same issue reoccurs.... So my guess is it's something inside the track# field (?)

As mentioned on one fine day, I succeeded in fixing this, but I can't remember where the secret option was....

Anybody any ideas, please?

Steef_V.

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Small issue with Track# sorting (MC26.0.94) - [SOLVED]
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2020, 05:40:47 pm »

Just for logging purposes - so that anybody that might run into the same issue can find the solution as well....

I solved this minor issue. It is caused by my own ("specific") way of handling multi-disc albums. I usually use the track numbering scheme: 101,102, .... for disc 1, then 201, 202, .... for disc 2 (etc.). But when you do this with the "Disc#" set to 1, 2, .... in the tag, you will get the behavior described in the first post. Deleting the disc# solves it.

I realize that this is not the proper way of tagging, but I started this track# scheme a long time ago, and for now I will continue that way.

Cheers, Steef

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2020, 11:48:47 pm »

You could very easily change to using the Disc # and Track # fields as intended. With two simple commands I think.  Left() and right(), placed in the correct places.

BTW, you should know that when you sort by [Track #], MC automatically sorts by [Disc #][Track #], everywhere.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Steef_V.

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2020, 02:40:57 pm »

You could very easily change to using the Disc # and Track # fields as intended. With two simple commands I think.  Left() and right(), placed in the correct places.

BTW, you should know that when you sort by [Track #], MC automatically sorts by [Disc #][Track #], everywhere.

Thanks for the additional info. I may try to apply this simple trick, in order to use the Disc/Track # system the way it was intended.
Pages: [1]   Go Up