INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Streaming from Anywhere?  (Read 447 times)

Mars

• World Citizen
Streaming from Anywhere?
« on: July 17, 2020, 05:15:10 pm »

May be a little bit out off topic, so feel free to move my post to wherever you think may fit better.

First of all, let me tell you I love MC and its community since I first used it about 13 years ago, introduced by my brother. My main use has been for cataloging my music files and taking advantage of its extraordinary smartlists capabilities.

In the last few years, however, some things have changed:
I have become more minimalist in some aspects, reducing the number of devices I have at home, trying to be more energy saver. I don't like to have a server on, running 24/7 and my TV has a lot of Apps so I don't need to have any additional devices plugged to it to play music. I've also been too busy (or maybe too lazy) to keep my library up to date. I have changed my music listening habits, doing it more out of home, when I'm on the train or in the car and using the car system or iPhone.
For all that reasons, I've been using, more than MC, a music streaming service (Spotify) which I can connect from anywhere and from almost any device (even in a the Tizen OS of my Samsung Smart TV!!) and have a huge catalogue. I must say I'm still not happy with it as it results in a quality loss and not having the smartlist abilities of MC.

With all that said, here goes my question / request:
Will JRiver ever offer an online / web service which we could stream music from any device with internet connection and a web browser, not needing to have a server running and files stored at home? The user could feed the server with its own playlists and also get others through Cloudplay. Will Cloudplay ever be an Spotify alternative, with lossless audio quality, smartlists, and other better features?
All I can say is that I would love it.

Thank you,

Marc
Pages: [1]   Go Up