INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Files disappear from playlist even with the right config settings  (Read 610 times)

Mr.WaCko

• Recent member

Hi I've been doing a few updates to my music folder locations lately resulting in files being deleted from my playlists
This has never happened before only in MC26

I have fix broken links on and protect files on missing drives in the settings menu

In the past if I would run a media import after a number of external file changes MC would correct my playlists and if it could not it would indicate a files was missing in the playlist however the playlist position would not be erased. Over the period of April, May, June, July I gradually started missing files from my playlists. I've gone back to an old library and checked the file numbers of my (non smart) playlists which are all more than in present date.

Can some please look into this glitch and perhaps someone has an idea on how to reconcile missing files from playlists whilst also files got added in the past months (so if I go back to let's say the playlist version of April/May I will miss all the updates I've done in recent weeks

thanks for your thoughts and ideas

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Files disappear from playlist even with the right config settings
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2020, 08:02:33 am »

Use the Library Tool called Rename, Move, & Copy to move your files.

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2020, 11:49:45 am »

Used to be if you moved a file with another program (MC isn't always the only program in use for files) MC would find it and keep all the playlist associations, provided you didn't run Auto-import manually prior to letting the program adjust. 

Something happened and that is no longer true.

Mr.WaCko

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2020, 04:19:21 am »

Used to be if you moved a file with another program (MC isn't always the only program in use for files) MC would find it and keep all the playlist associations, provided you didn't run Auto-import manually prior to letting the program adjust. 

Something happened and that is no longer true.

You are exactly on point. The world is not just MC. I found all my non-smart playlist have 'vanished' records, which never happened to me in earlier MC versions. So something is off in version 26

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2020, 07:34:04 am »

There is a setting called "Fix Broken Links".

Mr.WaCko

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2020, 07:51:52 am »

There is a setting called "Fix Broken Links".

Please see my first post, this setting is on
Pages: [1]   Go Up