INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any chance to copy custom views from a Linux/QNAP version to the Windows version  (Read 866 times)

gulp

• World Citizen

...instead of creating them newly?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Library backup on one, restore on the other.  May work.

gulp

• World Citizen

Thanks...I think it worked!

BTW: your forum support works, too! And very good.

gulp

• World Citizen

When I do so, all the album images are missing...I guess they are built up later. Is there any chance to immediately have them available after such a library restore?

JimH

• Administrator

If they are in a directory and you have it set in File Locations in MC's Options, you can select albums, right click and do Cover Art > Quick Find.

If just thumbnails are missing, you can do Build Missing Thumbnails in MC's options.  Tree and View to start.

gulp

• World Citizen

I couldn't manage it finally because when replacing the Linux paths with the Windows paths (see screenshot), I loose the former sequence of date imported (which is important to me and which is my main problem with JRiver that it's so hard to preserve it when changing directory names or moving data. Did I do anything wrong with my search/replace?

gulp

• World Citizen

Is the dialog below the right one to update the library path without changing the "date imported" sorting?

JimH

• Administrator

The best way to learn about the tool is to try a small number of files and see if it works.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team

Restoring the Library works, but if all you want is to transfer a View there is a more specific method. I think it will work between MC platforms, but haven't tested.

Select the View, right-click on it and select Customise View.
Then under "Saved Views" select select "Save this view...".
Give the View a specific name if you like, or leave the proposed name. It will be used for the file name.
Note the location that the file will be saved to, or browse to another location which would be easier to find. The default is "C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 26\Library\Saved Views\" and the file will have an extension of jvi.
Copy the jvi file across to the computer where the other installation is.
In the target installation of MC, create an empty (blank) View. Give it a name, then under "Saved Views" select select "Load a view from file...".

Done.

Report if that works across platforms, please. That will help future readers.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

gulp

• World Citizen

Thanks much, but I may have forgotten to say that I want to copy JRemote views. There I can't find such a menu item...but I also couldn't find it by right clicking on normal views (see screenshot).

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team

It looks like I missed a step. I guess I didn't proofread my post properly. I have edited the post to fix it.

It is under Customise View.

There is no way to save a JRemote View.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up