INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: need to change filepath  (Read 735 times)

rhkrhk

• World Citizen
need to change filepath
« on: July 24, 2020, 08:48:06 pm »

Filepath on playlists (thousands of entries) starts with drive L, and I want to change the L: to M:. Only references I could find on the forum are from ancient versions of MC and I couldnt figure out what they meant anyway.

I'm using MC v25.0.115 64 bit; Dell workstation, windows 10.  Please -someone tell me how to change the filename to show the new hard  drive
thanks
rhk

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: need to change filepath
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2020, 11:50:25 pm »

would be easier to rename the drive back to L
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2020, 01:15:28 am »

Indeed, but maybe that's not a practical solution for rhkrhk...

Inside MC, this task is equally simple.

rhkrhk,
Select two or three of your affected files.
In the tag window, find the "Filename" field.
Click in this field to open it for editing, it should display [Varies].
Replace that with: =replace([filename],L:,M:) (copy all of the blue text)
Press Enter to update.

Happy?
If yes, select all of the others and repeat, job done :)
If no, please state why. What went wrong?

Note:
  • When performing this operation on files that have become 'disconnected', MC will update the filename and reconnect with the files at their new location. It is done in the blink of an eye.
  • When performing this operation on files that are correctly connected, MC will move those files to the new location that has been specified. Depending on how many files involved in this case, and their over all size, could make it very slow indeed. For connected files, caution is recommended here. Explore other possible options for moving large numbers of files before jumping on this one in a wholesale manner.

-marko

rhkrhk

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2020, 02:32:43 pm »

Problem is I have about 18,000 files.  I was able to use tools/library tools/rename (F6)etc and was able to change all of the files in the database to m:\music etc-
but in the process some of my playlists were destroyed-

the playlists that remained were originally L:\classical\symphony etc  - renamed to M:\music\..classical\symphony etc

the ones I lost were originally L:\music\dixie\Al Hirt\ etc    - M:\music\..non classical\dixie etc

L used to contain music only.  M (for Media) is a larger drive, also contains movies   - L won't work well for me

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2020, 03:48:20 pm »

Are these external playlist files, or playlists in the MC playlists tree in the left hand panel?
Pages: [1]   Go Up