INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trying to setup a removable HDD for folder browsing on Theather View  (Read 699 times)

afss_br

• Recent member

Hello, I have a HDD where I keep my backups, and I organize the various movies on separate folders. Sometimes there are updates (removed and new folders), so I do not want to add to a library.

I tried simply adding a Disk browsing structure on Theather View with no sucess. Please, I truly appreciate your thoughts on what I am doing wrong.

Enclosed are pictures of my HDD structure (Drive D:), My Theather View configuration and how it appears (actually no folders appear for me to select) on the Theather View.

Thanks in advance for your support !

lepa

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Trying to setup a removable HDD for folder browsing on Theather View
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2020, 02:53:03 pm »

You can use Explorer in theaterview to browse files which are not in the library. Press Add button like in your picture and select Explorer

afss_br

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2020, 08:29:45 pm »

Thanks ! that solved it for me !

afss_br

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2020, 10:57:53 am »

You can use Explorer in theaterview to browse files which are not in the library. Press Add button like in your picture and select Explorer

Hello again, this solved my HDD browsing need and now I would like to improve it further. Now I get to see several folders and all the files that are inside each one - please, could you let me know if there are ways to:

- Restrict the folders/discs I would like to see (instead of seeing them all).
- Filtering to show only the video files - it's a bit anoying to browse through the external subtitle files (.srt) along with the actual video files.

Thanks again !

afss_br

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2020, 10:55:35 am »

Hello, please, any thoughts from anybody else ?

I have also identified that Explorer does not display de file name, but a name that is embedded on the file (which is not desirable on many cases) - if there is a way to tweak this, it would be great.

Much appreciated !

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2020, 12:50:44 pm »

AFAIK there is no filtering in Explorer. So you will see everything that is there and as those files are not in the library I would guess that you'll only see the filename

afss_br

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2020, 12:54:11 pm »

AFAIK there is no filtering in Explorer. So you will see everything that is there and as those files are not in the library I would guess that you'll only see the filename

Thanks for the reply - I am not sure it is a bug with Explorer, but it is not displaying the actual file name, but instead another file attribute (a comment, or something) wich sometimes diverts from the actual file name - I will place a picture later one, since it may well be a small bug for possible correction.

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2020, 05:59:26 am »

Check which columns Win-Explorer is Displaying you may have accidently told it not to display the file name also check the Folder Settings to see if it is Optimized for anything other than Music.
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

afss_br

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2020, 06:03:06 am »

Check which columns Win-Explorer is Displaying you may have accidently told it not to display the file name also check the Folder Settings to see if it is Optimized for anything other than Music.

Thanks, I will do some experimenting and will report back.
Pages: [1]   Go Up