INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Load library on shield  (Read 1079 times)

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
Load library on shield
« on: July 26, 2020, 07:56:51 am »

I’m using a shield. I have the latest version of jr installed.  I haven’t had any luck getting The library to load from jr server on a PC on my network. It could be that I’m entering the wrong un and pw. I normally connect to jr using an Access key. Dumb question but the PO un and pw ... is it the pc credentials or for JRiver? I’ve entered the PC credentials and all that happens is the ENDLESS loading library screen. Nothing beyond that.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Load library on shield
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2020, 08:03:30 am »

Login and password are set in Tools > Options > Media Network > Authentication.

You could test it from another computer using MC.  Or from Panel.

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2020, 11:53:58 am »

Ugh. Been so long since I’ve needed to access this area totally forgot. Thank you

GreggP

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2020, 01:16:14 pm »

I just tried running JRiver for Android and noticed none of my playlists were listed. I uninstalled and reinstalled to make sure I was running the latest version 26.0.106 (64-bit). Then I tried loading my library. My PC's library is listed so I chose it. I enter my username and password, but the app doesn't let me navigate to the CONFIRM button after entering my password. I'm using the standard remote for my Shield and everything I try keeps ending at the CANCEL button. After entering the characters for my password, if I go straight up it goes to CANCEL and I cannot navigate right to CONFIRM. If instead, after entering my password characters and navigate right to the next arrow, it goes to CANCEL and will not let me navigate to CONFIRM. Once the cursor lands on CANCEL it won't go to any other button. The keypad no longer has the next arrow. Only the return arrow, which basically accepts CANCEL. There's no way to CONFIRM my username and password.

Very frustrating.

BradATIMA

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2020, 01:40:42 pm »

I just tried running JRiver for Android and noticed none of my playlists were listed. I uninstalled and reinstalled to make sure I was running the latest version 26.0.106 (64-bit). Then I tried loading my library. My PC's library is listed so I chose it. I enter my username and password, but the app doesn't let me navigate to the CONFIRM button after entering my password. I'm using the standard remote for my Shield and everything I try keeps ending at the CANCEL button. After entering the characters for my password, if I go straight up it goes to CANCEL and I cannot navigate right to CONFIRM. If instead, after entering my password characters and navigate right to the next arrow, it goes to CANCEL and will not let me navigate to CONFIRM. Once the cursor lands on CANCEL it won't go to any other button. The keypad no longer has the next arrow. Only the return arrow, which basically accepts CANCEL. There's no way to CONFIRM my username and password.

Very frustrating.

Use the back button on the remote to hide the keyboard after you've entered the credentials.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2020, 01:58:28 pm »

Use the back button on the remote to hide the keyboard after you've entered the credentials.
I had the same problem.  I assume it's a bug.

GreggP

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2020, 04:55:11 pm »

That worked. Thanks!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up