INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Are multi-zone issues with SB Live resolved?  (Read 1190 times)

pbates

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Are multi-zone issues with SB Live resolved?
« on: April 18, 2003, 07:08:16 pm »

I had earlier versions of the beta (110 was last I think) and stopped using it after my requests for help solving multi-zone issues apparently went unheard.

So now I'm back to see if they are fixed and purchase the product if so (want to use it to feed a Russound 484 A-Bus unit in a new house).  But poor me can't find out for myself because the beta is saying my 30-day trial is expired and no one will help me get a beta running again...

Can anyone using latest build tell me if the multi-zone is working better with SB Live?  The problem I had was that no matter what DirectSound channels I selected, all the zones played on the primary output, and at least 2 zones would play on the second output, and randomly 0 to 2 zones would play on 3rd output.

Thanks...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Are multi-zone issues with SB Live resolved?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2003, 04:37:04 am »

Try a search for mastiff and multi-zone.  He's the MZ Czar.  He has a great web site with lots of info.

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2003, 02:33:00 pm »

Thank you, thank you.  ;D

I have not tried it on a Live! yet, but the kX project drivers will give the Audigy three zones but the Creative drivers won't. You could try them on your system (but as always when trying new stuff, have a full image of your system disk first). If you don't dare I will put in a SB Live 5.1 one of these days in one of my computers, maybe I'll have the answer for you then.  8)
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2003, 02:50:48 pm »

Here is Czar Mastiff with his son:

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2003, 03:01:54 pm »

You guys are really closing in on the release date here! Few bugs in the new beta thread and lots of time to dig up my old family pictures.  ;D
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

pbates

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2003, 05:37:45 pm »

Mastiff, since you are the czar of all things multi-zone, you might be able to help me cut directly to the chase.

My main concern regarding the SB Live is that it is the sound card I currently have, and I would like to start working on my house audio project now.  I don't intend to use the SB Live long term, in fact I plan to use an M-Audio Revolution 7.1.  Any experience with that sound card?  Working good for 4 zones maybe?

As far as me testing the multi-zone on the SB Live, that's a no-go since I exhausted my 30-day trial with 3 earlier versions of the beta, and can't get the current build to start up due to the 30-day limit.  If you could somehow test it and let me know it's working, though, I would probably go ahead and purchase a license so I can begin development ASAP.

Thanks...
Pages: [1]   Go Up