INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Drop outs, file playing but no sound, "file not found"  (Read 290 times)

Quiltzig

Drop outs, file playing but no sound, "file not found"
« on: July 28, 2020, 09:29:11 pm »

I had been using JRiver 19 for several years and found it very functional and never had any issues. I upgraded to a laptop (HP Elitebook) from my old desktop PC and decided to upgrade to JRiver 26 at the same time. This is where things started to go awry.

JRiver downloaded my entire music library (which resides on a separate 2Tb NAS drive) - and of course I do not have that much storage on the laptop. So I finally managed to stop it after it had gobbled up about 90% of my disc space.

The problems that I have with 26 are that it will not play music reliably from my NAS drive. I can see the drive, I can select it as the source, but it will display Fille Error (all files are FLAC) or it will just stop playing after a few seconds. Sometimes the display shows the track time ticking over but there is no sound. I am using an external USB DAC and this is all configured for best sound and is as it has been for several years with my old PC.

After reverting to JRiver 19 I have not had any of these problems at all.

What am I overlooking here? 

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Drop outs, file playing but no sound, "file not found"
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2020, 09:37:58 pm »

Backup in MC19 and restore in MC26.  You might have to do MC21 in between.

It sounds like you're using your NAS as a DLNA Server.  You are better off to import files from the NAS directly into MC.

You can clear your library, then set up auto-import.  The wiki might be helpful.
Pages: [1]   Go Up