INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SoundSpectrum Issue  (Read 828 times)

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
SoundSpectrum Issue
« on: July 29, 2020, 09:20:31 pm »

Just upgraded to MC26 (from MC25), and SoundSpectrum Aeon and G-Force no longer respond to music. It loads, just doesn’t recognize MC's input to drive the display. Numerous forum searches for a similar issue turned up nothing… Is this a known problem? Or is this issue unique to me? I am using:

• 64-bit Windows Home, v1909
• 32-bit 26.0.98 (32 vs 64 specifically so I can continue to use Milkdrop2, which still works perfectly in MC26)
• 32-bit Sound-Spectrum: Aeon 3.73 Platinum / G-Force 5.42 Platinum

I am able to switch between MC26 and MC25 (as both were installed simultaneously). After a given SoundSpectrum reinstall/reboot, switching from cover view to SoundSpectrum immediately shows a dialogue that says “MC26 encountered an unusual problem and needed to terminate”. After another reinstall round, the plug-ins would be back to launching, but not responding to music.  I have cycled through this process several times, including full uninstalls with clean re-installs of SoundSpectrum.

To make matters even more confusing, I can launch SoundSpectrum standalone which does respond to music, though I first have to go into the windows sound panel and turn the input levels to maximum (otherwise it behaves as if there is no music input). With the levels at maximum, it does respond, but is noticeably less pronounced compared to what it is typically. And when I relaunch J River, the input levels drop back from 100% to 50% automatically, and I have to max out the levels each time I switch between standalone and plug-in. I ended up fully uninstalling MC25 (including registry entries) in the hopes that maybe there was some sort of conflict between its two versions causing the issue, but still no luck, so I did a full uninstall, and clean install of MC26 (and SoundSpectrum), but again, still no luck.

The problem definitely seems to be with 26, as it worked perfectly with the same computer and same set up for 25. I await feedback pointing out some obvious thing I’ve forgotten to take into account. Thanks in advance!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: SoundSpectrum Issue
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2020, 09:28:13 pm »

You probably just need to update at Soundspectrum.

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2020, 10:16:38 pm »

Updating SoundSpectrum certainly qualifies as obvious! ;D

That said, that had occurred to me before I posted. My original point still remains however… the only thing that changed between working and not working was an MC upgrade from 25 to 26.

Were there any MC26 changes related to how visualizations are handled? I prefer not to eat another $30 for two SoundSpectrum plug-in upgrades if I can instead tweak some setting or registry key (especially since I don’t use those plug-ins much. Nevertheless, I still would like them as options).

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2020, 07:46:17 am »

Did you contact Soundspectrum?

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2020, 12:45:56 pm »

Updating SoundSpectrum certainly qualifies as obvious! ;D

That said, that had occurred to me before I posted. My original point still remains however… the only thing that changed between working and not working was an MC upgrade from 25 to 26.

Were there any MC26 changes related to how visualizations are handled? I prefer not to eat another $30 for two SoundSpectrum plug-in upgrades if I can instead tweak some setting or registry key (especially since I don’t use those plug-ins much. Nevertheless, I still would like them as options).

In my admittedly old experience, SoundSpectrum plugins required an update with each version of MC. It should not cost you anything to get the update if they have produced one. Again, this is from memory a few years ago, so I could be wrong.

stewart_pk

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2020, 08:37:10 pm »

I contacted SoundSpectrum regarding this some time ago and they said it was a JRiver problem and to contact them.  ::)

millst

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2020, 12:54:29 pm »

In my admittedly old experience, SoundSpectrum plugins required an update with each version of MC. It should not cost you anything to get the update if they have produced one. Again, this is from memory a few years ago, so I could be wrong.

You are wrong  ;D

The licenses are only good for a year of updates. I was able to get by with my original purchase on MC20-MC23. I had to buy another license when moving to MC24, but I don't think it was MC24 so much as moving to the 64-bit version. Aeon 4.1.0 has been fine for me on MC24-MC26.

I mostly use MC for movies as of late so it's possible that things broke along the way and I didn't notice. I had an issue with Aeon crashing around the time of the 64-bit upgrade. It was kind of painful getting support from Soundspectrum/JR, so I hope it is not broke. The fix basically involved me reconfiguring all of my JR settings from scratch.

OP, you could probably just download the trial of the latest version for free. If it helps, then you can weigh the cost/benefit.

millst

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2020, 02:29:33 pm »

I tried some music last night and 4.1.0 still works fine for me in MC26.
Pages: [1]   Go Up