INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV Shows in My Library  (Read 1263 times)

alb

• Recent member
TV Shows in My Library
« on: July 30, 2020, 12:46:17 pm »

Hello friends.  I recently had major trouble with both computers at home.  New HDs, new Windows 10 install, new JRiver install & must do full library re-build.  Booo!  When this happens to me it's big pain.  I'm sure I've told everyone about my organ transplants & new brain problems.  Surgery was good.  So forgive me.  I tried to search but couldn't find exact same problem.  Honestly, I am not stupid, friends.   ;D 

Installed JRiver and only added two TV Shows and two Movies to the Library on the Server machine (Client computer not set up yet).  No music.  So, JRiver added that media in the blink of an eye, but I already am having trouble with TV Shows.  Movies are perfect.  :)  So, the two TV shows installed fine but why won't it display my Season Cover Art?  It shows main TV Show Cover Art fine and it's download Season Cover Art for all seasons, but it won't show them.  I just get a screen snapshot for each "Group By Season" like so:

Everything is a new install on brand new C:\ drive.  Those files are stored in their proper folders in C:\Users\ALB\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 26\Cover Art.  All Default settings for JRiver.  Why doesn't it show the TV Show Season Cover Art?  Do I kneed to change a settings from default?  I just can't remember how I did it long time ago.  Sorry to bother with my dumb problems.  Appreciate your help!   :)

P.S. I can't believe JRiver 27 is here.  Time to save up money!  :)  Medical Bills make me feel broke.   :(  >:(  Thanks friends!  Glad to be back!  8)

alb

• Recent member
Re: TV Shows in My Library
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2020, 06:49:54 am »

Does no one understand what I am trying to do with JRiver?  My library always showed TV Show Cover Art & each Season Cover Art. It must be my fault, but like I have said, I can't understand because this is a brand new HDD, brand new Windows & brand new JRiver installation.  In fact, I have installed JRiver two times!

I can't add more movies & tv shows until this is fixed in case I need to start over again.

What have I did wrong friends?
-ALB

tij

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2020, 03:01:08 pm »

like this?
HTPC: Win11 Pro, MC: latest 31(64b), NV Driver: v425.31, CPU: i9-12900K, 32GB RAM, GeForce: 2080ti
Screen: LG 2016 E6
NAS: FreeNAS 11.1, SuperMicro SSG-5048R-E1CR36L, E5-1620v4, 64GB ECC RAM, 18xUltrastar He12-SAS3 drives, 2x240GB SSD (OS)

alb

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2020, 08:08:27 pm »

Oh, that's different than how I have JRiver setup.

Do you see in my OP there are the individual files for Season 1 and Season 2 on the screen.  See the small thumbnail next to all the Season 1 episodes?  My library used to have the Season 1 cover there.  Same with the Season 2 files.  Instead of showing a screenshot, I used to have a Season 2 cover there.  It looked so good.  I can never remember anything.  I get very upset.    :(

tij

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2020, 02:12:52 am »

Like this then?

I never like this view as episodes names mean nothing to me ... i only can recognize particular show with the thumbs (if thumbs were done properly)
HTPC: Win11 Pro, MC: latest 31(64b), NV Driver: v425.31, CPU: i9-12900K, 32GB RAM, GeForce: 2080ti
NAS: FreeNAS 11.1, SuperMicro SSG-5048R-E1CR36L, E5-1620v4, 64GB ECC RAM, 18xUltrastar He12-SAS3 drives, 2x240GB SSD (OS)

alb

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2020, 08:42:58 am »

Again, thanks for the speedy reply.  Sorry I am so late responding.  I was in the hospital for a while. 

Yes.  That is exactly how I want it set up.  Our settings appear to be exactly the same, but for some reason mine just refuses to show the show's Season Cover Art file where yours does (to the left of all the episode names).  Instead, mine shows a random frame from the first episode in each grouped season.  I understand you don't care for that look.  Maybe most people don't like it either, but we do...especially me.  For my parents, they hate when things become different looking.  Even though it's just an icon - the library still works the same way - I'm already catching grief.  They only use Theater View.  It's my fault really.  I should have never built them a wonderful HTPC...they love JRiver, but the complaining... Ugh.

tij

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2020, 09:22:20 am »

Check the cover art folder for seasons

on my machine its c:\users\[my user name]\appdata\roaming\j river\media center 26\cover art\seasons\

appdata is hidden folder ... so can be tricky to access

see if your seasons cover arts are there (Windows might be preventing MC from accessing that folder)

PS. i did not mean to critisize your choice of views ... just stated my opinion on that particular view ... sorry if it came out looking like criticism ... everybody is entitled to like what they want :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up