INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Display box sets  (Read 605 times)

osiris

Display box sets
« on: July 31, 2020, 11:01:33 am »

Hi all and sorry for my bad english.
I'm trying to build a view where box sets appear in the same view as others single CDs, but as a stack named "xxx scollection", so that when I click on it, the stack opens and reveals the CDs inside. I also have different flacs of the same album e I would like to display them as box sets.
I created a new tag [Box Set] and a customized view (artist copy in the first screenshot) with categories

Album Artist (auto)
Expression -> if(isempty([Box Set]),[Album],[Box Set])

I have then the box set (The Dark Side of the Moon) displayed with piled-on-top icon as Madonna's CDs and if I click on it, I have in the right pane the individual albums, and this is the view I want.
Now, I'm trying to have on the left pane, only for box sets, a two levels view where I can expand the tree and view the individual albums inside the box set, as in the second screenshot but only for box set and not also for other CDs...

Could you help me to find a way, if possible?
Thx and Ciao!  ;)

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Display box sets
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2020, 01:41:05 pm »

If I understand you, you want to have a view containing only box sets.

Modify "set rules for file display" for the view to include this rule:
Box Set  is not   Empty

Also, regarding your other view, you may find it easier to replace that if(isempty() expression with:
FirstNotEmpty([Box Set],[Album])

osiris

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2020, 03:00:08 pm »

If I understand you, you want to have a view containing only box sets.

Modify "set rules for file display" for the view to include this rule:
Box Set  is not   Empty

Also, regarding your other view, you may find it easier to replace that if(isempty() expression with:
FirstNotEmpty([Box Set],[Album])

Thx for the answer, I try to explain better

I wish that tree view only for boxset, so that I can expand and view the albums inside the box set, and not also for normal CDs, which are single disc and don't have multiple album inside ;)
Something like
if box set, show disc name (expandable tree view), otherwise nothing...

wer

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2020, 04:10:22 pm »

No, you can't have that.  Browsing via the tree is either on or off.  If it is on, it is on for everything in the view.  You cannot have something included in the view, but excluded from tree browsing, whilst other things in the view are included in tree browsing.

osiris

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2020, 05:24:25 am »

If I create a new tag, called for example Disc, and I add it to the custom view, I obtain the second level tree view under the box set, but also under other Cds as "Unassigned".

Isn't there a way to display the tag with an expression for box sets only?

wer

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2020, 12:12:17 pm »

You CAN have a level in the tree that shows two branches: Box-Sets and Non-Box-Sets
Then you can just choose to ignore and not expand the Non-Box-Sets branch.

What I understand you want is for only the Box-Sets branch to appear in the tree, and that the Non-Box-Sets branch should NOT appear in the tree, even though CDs that are not part of box sets still appear in the view.

No, you cannot have that.  The only way to exclude something from the tree is to exclude it from the view using files to include.  Please re-read my previous explanation.

Pages: [1]   Go Up