INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Converting multichannel format crashes MC26 [Solved]  (Read 4523 times)

richard-ec2

• Galactic Citizen
Converting multichannel format crashes MC26 [Solved]
« on: August 01, 2020, 04:39:11 pm »

This problem is a new one for me. I always rip my SACDs (using an Oppo) and then use "convert format" in MC to convert the ripped ISO to PCM tracks. For the first time today, without changing any settings, this has suddenly started to crash MC. When I get to the end of the first track, I think at the point where MC is converting the temporary convert file into a permanent file, MC crashes. I've tried setting it to convert one file at a time and still the same problem. Any ideas? Version is 26.0.98.

richard-ec2

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Convert format crashes MC26
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2020, 04:49:21 am »

Here is some more info. Can anyone help?

The problem arises when trying to create FLAC files from an ISO, using MC's "convert format" feature.

I have never had any problems doing this is the past.

If I play the ISO in MC, it shows all the tracks in Playing Now and they play fine. But if I select a single track and apply "convert format", the following happens:

A temporary convert file is created and the track is processed as normal. But at the point where processing is 100 per cent complete, and the temporary convert file should be converted into a permanent FLAC file, MC crashes and only the temporary convert file remains.

I have tried converting the same ISO on a different PC using MC and there isn't a problem so it must be a configuration issue on this PC rather than an issue with the ISO file or with MC itself.

Can anyone suggest what might be causing this?

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2020, 05:43:27 am »

Can you send us a log and crash dump of the crash?
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Logging
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

richard-ec2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2020, 08:46:37 am »

Thanks very much for replying. I'm attaching a log and I also have some more info. This only happens when I'm converting to FLAC - it does not happen if I convert to a WAV file or an MP3 for example. It seems to be something to do with the FLAC encoding. I tried reinstalling MC and it hasn't made any difference.

Edit: I don't know how to send a crash dump but will do if you still need this and tell me how.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2020, 09:06:26 am »

The dump should be generated after a crash and be part of the "Report problem..." zip file.

If you get a crash dump, please email it to me (matt at jriver dot com).

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

richard-ec2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2020, 09:21:12 am »

Well, it crashes every time I use the FLAC encoder so it should be part of the log I've just sent but if there is anything else you need, please let me know.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2020, 09:32:40 am »

Well, it crashes every time I use the FLAC encoder so it should be part of the log I've just sent but if there is anything else you need, please let me know.

The crash you posted does not have a crash dump.

If you get one, email it to me.  Thanks.

richard-ec2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2020, 10:23:16 am »

I tried crashing it again but it doesn't seem to generate a crash dump. Sorry - hope the log shows something.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2020, 10:28:41 am »

Are any of the files you're trying to convert small enough that you could mail them to me (or upload them somewhere and share the link)?

Thanks.

richard-ec2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2020, 11:49:29 am »

Hmm, that's a bit tricky - we're talking about an ISO of an entire SACD so that's around 3GB and I don't have enough storage space in Dropbox for that. The thing is, even if I could send it to you, I think you would have no problem converting it because as I mentioned before I did successfully convert it using another copy of MC on another PC so it's not the file that's at fault - it must be something to do with my setup. I just can't think why my converter would convert these ISOs to MP3 or WAV but not convert to FLAC, even though it had been doing it quite happily for years up till now. I can even go back to old ISOs that I previously converted to FLACs and even they won't convert any more. I just can't think what might have gone wrong.

richard-ec2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2020, 04:30:09 pm »

More info - I put the task manager on and while processing a single file,  the CPU shoots up from 2-3 per cent to 50 per cent and then at the point of converting the temporary convert file, it crashes. While converting two files together, it's at virtually 100 per cent so it crashes even before it gets to the conversion. So I think we're one step nearer finding out what's going on but why is the process eating up my CPU? Any suggestions?

richard-ec2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2020, 04:45:19 pm »

I've just tried going back to MC25 and this seems to be the solution. There are no crashes when using MC25 and even when converting two multichannel files at the same time, the CPU peaks at around 88 per cent, usually less. So I wonder if maybe some change has been made to MC26 or later versions of MC26 which increases the burden on the CPU.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2020, 04:54:17 pm »

Maybe you could keep trying newer builds and let us know when it starts?  Thanks.

richard-ec2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2020, 05:36:31 pm »

I don't see a way to download the individual builds but if you can tell me how, I will try.

terrym@tassie

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2020, 05:45:24 pm »

I don't see a way to download the individual builds but if you can tell me how, I will try.
In the Search field at the top right enter "available here", this will list all the MC26 releases with download links.
" I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours." -Jerome K. Jerome

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2020, 06:42:06 pm »

This problem is a new one for me. I always rip my SACDs (using an Oppo) and then use "convert format" in MC to convert the ripped ISO to PCM tracks. For the first time today, without changing any settings, this has suddenly started to crash MC. When I get to the end of the first track, I think at the point where MC is converting the temporary convert file into a permanent file, MC crashes. I've tried setting it to convert one file at a time and still the same problem. Any ideas? Version is 26.0.98.
Double check your settings for File Locations.  Temp Files, for example.  Running out of space might cause problems. 

Also consider antivirus as a source.  There is a Windows Defender thread here where you can learn more.

richard-ec2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2020, 02:13:29 am »

OK Matt, I have gone back through the recent builds testing them one by one. The result is that all builds up to and including 26.0.94 work fine and the crashes start with build 26.0.95. The crashes continue through all subsequent builds to the present.

Hope that tells you what you need to know and I hope even more that you can fix it!

JimH - thanks for the suggestion and I will look at that but it seems this is a bug.

terrym@tassie - thank you for the helpful pointer.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2020, 09:15:38 am »

What's the CPU on the machine it crashes on?
I wonder if the new flac plugin is using instructions your CPU doesn't have.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2020, 09:44:18 am »

Can you make a screenshot of the crash, or something like that? The log doesn't even contain any indication of a crash, and we're not sure what you might be seeing.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

richard-ec2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2020, 12:04:37 pm »

The CPU is Intel Core i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz. I never had any problems with convert format until build 26.0.95 but if you're saying the FLAC encoder plugin was changed with build 26.0.95, then that could be an explanation.

Can you make a screenshot of the crash, or something like that? The log doesn't even contain any indication of a crash, and we're not sure what you might be seeing.

I would if I could but there's nothing to take a screenshot of. MC starts converting format just as it's supposed to, then after a minute or two - usually at the point where it finishes processing the first file - it suddenly shuts down and disappears off the screen - no error messages. You are left with temporary convert files for whatever files it had started to process. Maybe Windows shuts it down automatically to stop it overloading the CPU.

When I was trying to find a solution I did find some other threads on "convert format" crashes. Here's one for example, although in this case it's converting video files:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=79676.0

I would emphasise that I have no problems with any builds up to and including 26.0.94 so it must be something that was changed in build 26.0.95. I successfully converted lots of files last night using build 26.0.94 but all builds from 26.0.95 onwards crash every time.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2020, 10:14:13 am »

Are you using the 32 or 64 bit version of MC?

richard-ec2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2020, 10:22:33 am »

64-bit.

MrEWhite

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2020, 03:42:25 pm »

The CPU is Intel Core i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz. I never had any problems with convert format until build 26.0.95 but if you're saying the FLAC encoder plugin was changed with build 26.0.95, then that could be an explanation.

I would if I could but there's nothing to take a screenshot of. MC starts converting format just as it's supposed to, then after a minute or two - usually at the point where it finishes processing the first file - it suddenly shuts down and disappears off the screen - no error messages. You are left with temporary convert files for whatever files it had started to process. Maybe Windows shuts it down automatically to stop it overloading the CPU.

When I was trying to find a solution I did find some other threads on "convert format" crashes. Here's one for example, although in this case it's converting video files:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=79676.0

I would emphasise that I have no problems with any builds up to and including 26.0.94 so it must be something that was changed in build 26.0.95. I successfully converted lots of files last night using build 26.0.94 but all builds from 26.0.95 onwards crash every time.

I just converted a song from an SACD ISO to FLAC without issue on my Intel i9-9900KS on 26.0.103 64 bit, so no clue.

richard-ec2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2020, 04:00:20 pm »

I just converted a song from an SACD ISO to FLAC without issue on my Intel i9-9900KS on 26.0.103 64 bit, so no clue.

Interesting. May I ask if you queued a lot of tracks to convert at the default setting of two at a time, and also whether the tracks were multichannel (surround sound)?

In my case the answer to both questions is yes which potentially puts a heavy burden on the CPU. However, at risk of repeating myself, all builds up to 26.0.94 were fine and handled this without any problem. The problem only started with build 26.0.95.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2020, 04:15:52 pm »

It could be an antivirus problem. 

richard-ec2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2020, 04:29:05 pm »

It could be an antivirus problem.

The problem with that is that it doesn't explain - at least, not to me, anyway - why all builds up to 26.0.94 work fine and all builds from 26.0.95 onwards crash. It seems more likely that something was changed in build 26.0.95.

The reason I'm the only one to have identified it is that I'm probably the only person left in the world who is still buying multichannel SACDs and converting them to multichannel FLAC files to play on surround sound systems in their homes. The multichannel SACDs in question are purchased from Dutton Vocalion here in the UK.

agzorig

• Recent member
  • Lord, grant me the patience... RIGHT NOW!!!
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2020, 06:31:55 pm »

Interesting. May I ask if you queued a lot of tracks to convert at the default setting of two at a time, and also whether the tracks were multichannel (surround sound)?

In my case the answer to both questions is yes which potentially puts a heavy burden on the CPU. However, at risk of repeating myself, all builds up to 26.0.94 were fine and handled this without any problem. The problem only started with build 26.0.95.

Hi! I just converted 12 multichannel tracks from a SACD ISO to FLAC, default setting of two at a time, and while another 2-channel track was playing. Took some time, but it completed without a hitch on my AMD A8-7500 running Windows 10 Pro (v2004, build 19041.423), MC 26.0.103 64-bit.

So same here, no idea why your conversion would crash MC26.

Update: Also tried on my Intel Core i5-3320M CPU @ 2.60GHz, which also took a while but completed without a hiccup.
Windows 11 Pro Version 21H2  Build 22000.466 64-bit | SMSL AD18 AMP | SMSL Sanskrit 10th MKⅡ DAC | Wharfedale 210 Bookshelf Speakers | JRiver Media Center 28.0.100 
Raspberry Pi OS 10 Buster arm64 (Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 4GB) | Innomaker Raspberry Pi HiFi DAC HAT | JRiver Media Center 28.0.100 (arm64)

JimH

• Administrator
Re: Converting multichannel format crashes MC26
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2020, 10:02:51 pm »

The problem with that is that it doesn't explain - at least, not to me, anyway - why all builds up to 26.0.94 work fine and all builds from 26.0.95 onwards crash. It seems more likely that something was changed in build 26.0.95.
That's still a possible antivirus problem. 

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2020, 10:11:22 pm »

If you haven't done it, try setting the number of simultaneous encodings to one.

richard-ec2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2020, 03:36:16 am »

If you haven't done it, try setting the number of simultaneous encodings to one.

Thanks, Jim. I did try that and I just tried it again and it still crashes, always at the point where MC has finished processing the file and is converting the temporary convert file into a proper FLAC file.

richard-ec2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2020, 03:47:52 am »

Hi! I just converted 12 multichannel tracks from a SACD ISO to FLAC, default setting of two at a time, and while another 2-channel track was playing. Took some time, but it completed without a hitch on my AMD A8-7500 running Windows 10 Pro (v2004, build 19041.423), MC 26.0.103 64-bit.

So same here, no idea why your conversion would crash MC26.

Update: Also tried on my Intel Core i5-3320M CPU @ 2.60GHz, which also took a while but completed without a hiccup.

That's really helpful - thanks so much, agzorig.

So it seems that this problem applies to older processors and not newer processors.

In other words, where we are is: something was changed in build 26.0.95 such that PCs with older processors crash when using the FLAC encoder in "convert format".

I think maybe bob had it right upthread when he said:

Can Matt or someone say if a new FLAC encoder plugin was introduced with build 26.0.95?

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2020, 03:57:11 am »

So it seems that this problem applies to older processors and not newer processors.

I see no evidence here to support that conclusion. In fact a CPU of the same generation (the i5-3320M from agzorig) as yours completed it just fine as well.
Without even a second data point of failure, I don't think we can draw any conclusions as to what might be the root cause. Without a crash dump or any further information, we have nothing to act on.

One thing I don't think was ever clarified, can you convert other files? Does the problem only occur with that one particular SACD?
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

richard-ec2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2020, 04:05:35 am »

I see no evidence here to support that conclusion. In fact a CPU of the same generation (the i5-3320M from agzorig) as yours completed it just fine as well.
Without even a second data point of failure, I don't think we can draw any conclusions as to what might be the root cause. Without a crash dump or any further information, we have nothing to act on.

One thing I don't think was ever clarified, can you convert other files? Does the problem only occur with that one particular SACD?

Fair enough but it is a fact that all builds up to and including 26.0.94 work fine on my PC and that all builds from 26.0.95 crash and therefore it would be helpful to know if a change was made to the FLAC encoder with build 26.0.95.

Maybe the answer is that I have to live with two versions of MC on my PC, an older version to do the FLAC conversions and a newer version to do everything else.

Edit: sorry, forgot to answer the second point. This only happens with FLAC conversions, not with other file types. I tried converting several different SACD ISO files and all had the same problem when converting to FLAC files, but only with builds starting with 26.0.95. All worked fine with earlier builds.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2020, 04:23:34 am »

Can you check the Windows event logs if it logs anything when this happens? An application simply disappearing is not a typical crash. There should usually be a crash dialog, and it should write something to our log file.

Reproduce the problem, then navigate to "Computer Management" from your start menu, and go to System Tools -> Event Viewer -> Windows Logs -> Application, and see if there is a recent entry relating to what happened to Media Center.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

richard-ec2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2020, 07:33:58 am »

Can you check the Windows event logs if it logs anything when this happens? An application simply disappearing is not a typical crash. There should usually be a crash dialog, and it should write something to our log file.

Reproduce the problem, then navigate to "Computer Management" from your start menu, and go to System Tools -> Event Viewer -> Windows Logs -> Application, and see if there is a recent entry relating to what happened to Media Center.

Thanks very much for this suggestion. I have a result! Here is the Windows event log for a typical crash and I'm attaching the full contents of the WER file:

Fault bucket 1386627201071529893, type 4
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Media Center 26.exe
P2: 26.0.103.0
P3: 5f245116
P4: JRPlayer.dll
P5: 26.0.103.0
P6: 5f245143
P7: c0000005
P8: 0000000000131d5c
P9:
P10:

Attached files:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERDDFA.tmp.mdmp
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERDEB6.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERDED7.tmp.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERDED5.tmp.csv
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERDEF5.tmp.txt

These files may be available here:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_Media Center 26._4236b07a5331afbd132c5b8a4e71430981a44a_04963723_a40acb79-6f78-4c72-a9b7-01e0238f48bb

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: fa1cfaf6-dfa2-483c-afb7-49f5ffb482e5
Report Status: 268435456
Hashed bucket: f8b3f0f03008dde4b33e4a17bbc33fa5
Cab Guid: 0

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2020, 08:04:29 am »

Huh so the crash is in JRPlayer and not the flac encoder. We'll investigate.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

richard-ec2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2020, 08:08:51 am »

So, not the FLAC encoder after all. I had a horrible feeling I would end up embarrassing myself. But I will be very interested to hear what you find, especially if there's a fix.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2020, 08:10:33 am »

Can you check if the archived crash dump it mentions is still present?
You should be able to click on the path in the event dialog you were at earlier.

I'm mostly interested in the ".mdmp" file, which should be a crash dump.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

richard-ec2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2020, 09:08:04 am »

They don't seem to be there but I think I've found the MC crash dumps - they are all in AppData\Local\CrashDumps. However they are .dmp files which I can't read. Here is a link to one of the files in Dropbox so maybe you can download it - I don't know if this will work but here goes:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ukcw9juf5mexdjk/Media%20Center%2026.exe.4728.dmp?dl=0

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2020, 09:14:16 am »

Looks good, will analyze it later today.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2020, 04:07:10 am »

I found the reason for the crash, and you can temporarily work around it by disabling the "Verify" option in the FLAC encoder (which is off by default, hence such a hard time to spot it). There is a bit of miscommunication between the encoder and the decoder trying to immediately verify the encoding.

We'll work on a fix in the meantime.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

richard-ec2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2020, 04:29:50 am »

Well well well, mystery solved and thank you so much for the brilliant detective work. I don't remember ever ticking the "Verify" option in the FLAC encoder settings but I don't remember a lot of things so I'm certainly not denying it. Maybe I thought, if the setting was there, I may as well use it. I should just add that the setting is checked in all the builds I've used on this PC so for some reason it still only seems to cause a problem from build 26.0.95 onwards.

Thank you very much again for solving this.

agzorig

• Recent member
  • Lord, grant me the patience... RIGHT NOW!!!
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2020, 08:47:16 am »

I just tried converting a single track from a multichannel SACD ISO with "Verify" option in the FLAC encoder set to ON, resulting to MC crashing.
Windows 11 Pro Version 21H2  Build 22000.466 64-bit | SMSL AD18 AMP | SMSL Sanskrit 10th MKⅡ DAC | Wharfedale 210 Bookshelf Speakers | JRiver Media Center 28.0.100 
Raspberry Pi OS 10 Buster arm64 (Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 4GB) | Innomaker Raspberry Pi HiFi DAC HAT | JRiver Media Center 28.0.100 (arm64)

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2020, 09:17:25 am »

I just tried converting a single track from a multichannel SACD ISO with "Verify" option in the FLAC encoder set to ON, resulting to MC crashing.
Yes, that's the issue. Turn off verify until the next build is posted (it will be 26.0.105).

TheShoe

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2020, 10:55:41 am »

The reason I'm the only one to have identified it is that I'm probably the only person left in the world who is still buying multichannel SACDs and converting them to multichannel FLAC files to play on surround sound systems in their homes. The multichannel SACDs in question are purchased from Dutton Vocalion here in the UK.

I can assure you, you are not the only person still multichannel SACDs :). I am at least doing so - but I rip the disc to ISO then extract the tracks to DSF (for tagging); no conversion to FLAC.  Having just tried it however I have no crash.  thanks for the company reference by the way - Dutton Vocalion - always good to find out about other places selling SACDs.

EDIT: after reading the rest of the thread, I can reproduce this as well in MC.

TV: LG OLED C1 83"
3D: LG OLED C6 65" (two) - madVR MVC->SBS
3D: Valve Index (using Media Center+MadVR) + Virtual Home Theater (Steam)
HTPC: Core i7, Win11, nVidia 3090RTX
Storage: 500TB Snapraid via SMB to Ubuntu 18 LTS server
Audio: exaSound e68 Multichannel USB DAC, Sonus Faber Speakers, REL Subx2
Video: HDMI 2.1/4K@120Hz, JRVR (2D), MadVR (3D), 7.1 Channel Audio into AMPs: Conrad Johnson 2/5 Channel Amps, Marantz av8805A PreAmp
Cables: Shotgun Interconnects, AudioQuest Cinnamon 48GB HDMI cables

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2020, 11:10:41 am »

I do something similar as well. All of my SACD rips are classical disks I've bought produced by BIS.
I generally rip them to ISO and leave them in that format in MC because I can play them to my multichannel main system from my IdNUC as well as push the 2 channel version to other devices via DLNA as 24 bit LPCM.
Where I need the non-DSD versions (iDevices, Pono) I convert them to 24 bit ALAC not FLAC so I haven't run into this issue.

richard-ec2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2020, 02:24:46 pm »

It's heartening to know I'm not the only person still ripping multichannel SACDs. The world suddenly seems a less lonely place!

However it does appear I was the only person in the world ripping SACDs to FLAC with "verify" checked in the FLAC encoder. (Not any more.) 

Gabry_B

• Recent member
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2020, 08:51:36 am »

Hello, I'm having the same problem, but when converting WMA to FLAC on 26.0.103 release (with my older 21 I had no problem) installed on a Win 7 OS.

I decided to convert all my WMA files to FLAC and JRiver randomly crashes, leaving temporary files in conversion folder.

"Verify" encoder option is disabled, I closed all application like Antivirus and started JRiver in Administrator mode, simultaneous file to convert was set from one to six giving the same problem. 

I report another minor error I found:
On the Album view, if I select one album and then I go to convert it, I can correctly see all the album tracks in "conversion details" but, if I select one track of the album and then I click again on the entire album to select all the tracks, in "conversion details" there is only the track I previously selected.
In this second case, opening TAG panel show me that all tracks are now selected, but if i go converting the album, it convert only the track I previously selected, despite I clicked again on the entire album.

Thank you, I hope I was helpful and that you can solve the problem.
Code: [Select]
[b]######################################[/b]

My [b]CPU[/b] is: [b]Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650  @ 3.00GHz[/b]

[u]These are Windows Event Viewer Reports (forgive me but are in italian..):[/u]

[b]# CRASH 1 (I had others 3 crashes with ntdll.dll module, I don't paste them)[/b]
Nome dell'applicazione che ha generato l'errore: [b]Media Center 26.exe, versione: 26.0.103.0, timestamp: 0x5f245116[/b]
Nome del modulo che ha generato l'errore: [b]ntdll.dll, versione: 6.1.7601.24545, timestamp: 0x5e0eb67f[/b]
Codice eccezione: [b]0xc0000374[/b]
Offset errore [b]0x00000000000bf262[/b]
ID processo che ha generato l'errore: [b]0x508[/b]
Ora di avvio dell'applicazione che ha generato l'errore: [b]0x01d66f1e02aec50d[/b]
Percorso dell'applicazione che ha generato l'errore: [b]C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 26\Media Center 26.exe[/b]
Percorso del modulo che ha generato l'errore: [b]C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll[/b]
ID segnalazione: [b]df88f4e0-db11-11ea-993f-002215a2e995[/b]

[b]# CRASH 2[/b]
Nome dell'applicazione che ha generato l'errore: [b]Media Center 26.exe, versione: 26.0.103.0, timestamp: 0x5f245116[/b]
Nome del modulo che ha generato l'errore: [b]Media Center 26.exe, versione: 26.0.103.0, timestamp: 0x5f245116[/b]
Codice eccezione: [b]0xc0000005[/b]
Offset errore [b]0x0000000000c63304[/b]
ID processo che ha generato l'errore: [b]0x1e84[/b]
Ora di avvio dell'applicazione che ha generato l'errore: [b]0x01d66f42610a16a4[/b]
Percorso dell'applicazione che ha generato l'errore: [b]C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 26\Media Center 26.exe[/b]
Percorso del modulo che ha generato l'errore: [b]C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 26\Media Center 26.exe[/b]
ID segnalazione: [b]0fd3e56a-db36-11ea-9270-002215a2e995[/b]

[b]# REPORT.WER (the only I found)[/b]
Version=1
EventType=APPCRASH
EventTime=132415416410223170
ReportType=2
Consent=1
UploadTime=132415416410691170
ReportIdentifier=df88f4e1-db11-11ea-993f-002215a2e995
IntegratorReportIdentifier=df88f4e0-db11-11ea-993f-002215a2e995
Response.BucketId=608184925
Response.BucketTable=498552091
Response.type=4
Sig[0].Name=Nome applicazione
Sig[0].Value=Media Center 26.exe
Sig[1].Name=Versione applicazione
Sig[1].Value=26.0.103.0
Sig[2].Name=Timestamp applicazione
Sig[2].Value=5f245116
Sig[3].Name=Nome modulo con errori
Sig[3].Value=StackHash_bab2
Sig[4].Name=Versione modulo con errori
Sig[4].Value=6.1.7601.24545
Sig[5].Name=Timestamp modulo con errori
Sig[5].Value=5e0eb67f
Sig[6].Name=Codice eccezione
Sig[6].Value=c0000374
Sig[7].Name=Offset eccezione
Sig[7].Value=00000000000bf262
DynamicSig[1].Name=Versione SO
DynamicSig[1].Value=6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
DynamicSig[2].Name=ID impostazioni locali
DynamicSig[2].Value=1040
DynamicSig[22].Name=Informazioni aggiuntive 1
DynamicSig[22].Value=bab2
DynamicSig[23].Name=Ulteriori informazioni 2
DynamicSig[23].Value=bab283b0c44fb6e64633ff27a944d572
DynamicSig[24].Name=Ulteriori informazioni 3
DynamicSig[24].Value=07b5
DynamicSig[25].Name=Ulteriori informazioni 4
DynamicSig[25].Value=07b5b40b2fa7ec5dcf1d60583795c80a
UI[2]=C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 26\Media Center 26.exe
UI[3]=Media Center 26 ha smesso di funzionare
UI[4]=Windows: è possibile ricercare online una soluzione al problema.
UI[5]=Cerca una soluzione online e chiudi il programma
UI[6]=Cerca una soluzione online in seguito e chiudi il programma
UI[7]=Chiudi il programma
LoadedModule[0]=C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 26\Media Center 26.exe
LoadedModule[1]=C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
LoadedModule[2]=C:\Windows\system32\kernel32.dll
LoadedModule[3]=C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll
LoadedModule[4]=C:\Windows\system32\OLEAUT32.dll
LoadedModule[5]=C:\Windows\system32\ole32.dll
LoadedModule[6]=C:\Windows\system32\msvcrt.dll
LoadedModule[7]=C:\Windows\system32\GDI32.dll
LoadedModule[8]=C:\Windows\system32\USER32.dll
LoadedModule[9]=C:\Windows\system32\LPK.dll
LoadedModule[10]=C:\Windows\system32\USP10.dll
LoadedModule[11]=C:\Windows\system32\RPCRT4.dll
LoadedModule[12]=C:\Windows\system32\ADVAPI32.dll
LoadedModule[13]=C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\sechost.dll
LoadedModule[14]=C:\Windows\system32\IMM32.DLL
LoadedModule[15]=C:\Windows\system32\MSCTF.dll
LoadedModule[16]=C:\Windows\system32\api-ms-win-core-synch-l1-2-0.DLL
LoadedModule[17]=C:\Windows\system32\SHELL32.dll
LoadedModule[18]=C:\Windows\system32\SHLWAPI.dll
LoadedModule[19]=C:\Windows\system32\CRYPTBASE.dll
LoadedModule[20]=C:\Windows\system32\uxtheme.dll
LoadedModule[21]=C:\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.7601.24483_none_e372d88f30fbb845\comctl32.dll
LoadedModule[22]=C:\Windows\system32\SETUPAPI.dll
LoadedModule[23]=C:\Windows\system32\CFGMGR32.dll
LoadedModule[24]=C:\Windows\system32\DEVOBJ.dll
LoadedModule[25]=C:\Windows\system32\CLBCatQ.DLL
LoadedModule[26]=C:\Windows\system32\propsys.dll
LoadedModule[27]=C:\Windows\system32\ntmarta.dll
LoadedModule[28]=C:\Windows\system32\WLDAP32.dll
LoadedModule[29]=C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 26\JRTools.dll
LoadedModule[30]=C:\Windows\system32\bcrypt.dll
LoadedModule[31]=C:\Windows\system32\profapi.dll
LoadedModule[32]=C:\Windows\system32\dwmapi.dll
LoadedModule[33]=C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 26\JRImage.dll
LoadedModule[34]=C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 26\JRReader.dll
LoadedModule[35]=C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 26\JRDisc.dll
LoadedModule[36]=C:\Windows\system32\WindowsCodecs.dll
LoadedModule[37]=C:\Windows\system32\apphelp.dll
LoadedModule[38]=C:\Windows\system32\EhStorShell.dll
LoadedModule[39]=C:\Windows\system32\ntshrui.dll
LoadedModule[40]=C:\Windows\system32\srvcli.dll
LoadedModule[41]=C:\Windows\system32\cscapi.dll
LoadedModule[42]=C:\Windows\system32\slc.dll
LoadedModule[43]=C:\Windows\system32\SensApi.dll
LoadedModule[44]=C:\Windows\system32\SXS.DLL
LoadedModule[45]=C:\Windows\system32\CRYPTSP.dll
LoadedModule[46]=C:\Windows\system32\rsaenh.dll
LoadedModule[47]=C:\Windows\system32\RpcRtRemote.dll
LoadedModule[48]=C:\Windows\system32\explorerframe.dll
LoadedModule[49]=C:\Windows\system32\DUser.dll
LoadedModule[50]=C:\Windows\system32\DUI70.dll
LoadedModule[51]=C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 26\JRPlayer.dll
LoadedModule[52]=C:\Windows\system32\WINMM.dll
LoadedModule[53]=C:\Windows\system32\MMDevAPI.DLL
LoadedModule[54]=C:\Windows\system32\wdmaud.drv
LoadedModule[55]=C:\Windows\system32\ksuser.dll
LoadedModule[56]=C:\Windows\system32\AVRT.dll
LoadedModule[57]=C:\Windows\system32\AUDIOSES.DLL
LoadedModule[58]=C:\Windows\system32\msacm32.drv
LoadedModule[59]=C:\Windows\system32\MSACM32.dll
LoadedModule[60]=C:\Windows\system32\midimap.dll
LoadedModule[61]=C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 26\Plugins\rc_main.dll
LoadedModule[62]=C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 26\Plugins\enc_main.dll
LoadedModule[63]=C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 26\Plugins\in_wma.dll
LoadedModule[64]=C:\Users\Gabriele\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 26\Plugins\avcodec64\avutil-jr-56.dll
LoadedModule[65]=C:\Users\Gabriele\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 26\Plugins\avcodec64\swresample-jr-3.dll
LoadedModule[66]=C:\Users\Gabriele\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 26\Plugins\avcodec64\avcodec-jr-58.dll
LoadedModule[67]=C:\Users\Gabriele\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 26\Plugins\avcodec64\avformat-jr-58.dll
LoadedModule[68]=C:\Windows\system32\Secur32.dll
LoadedModule[69]=C:\Windows\system32\SSPICLI.DLL
LoadedModule[70]=C:\Windows\system32\WS2_32.dll
LoadedModule[71]=C:\Windows\system32\NSI.dll
LoadedModule[72]=C:\Users\Gabriele\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 26\Plugins\avcodec64\swscale-jr-5.dll
LoadedModule[73]=C:\Users\Gabriele\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 26\Plugins\avcodec64\avfilter-jr-7.dll
LoadedModule[74]=C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 26\Plugins\in_mp4.dll
LoadedModule[75]=C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 26\Plugins\in_flac.dll
LoadedModule[76]=C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 26\JRWMFactory.dll
LoadedModule[77]=C:\Windows\system32\WMVCore.DLL
LoadedModule[78]=C:\Windows\system32\WMASF.DLL
LoadedModule[79]=C:\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft.windows.gdiplus_6595b64144ccf1df_1.1.7601.24542_none_1459e0f08b91b367\gdiplus.dll
LoadedModule[80]=C:\Windows\system32\mswsock.dll
LoadedModule[81]=C:\Windows\system32\Iphlpapi.dll
LoadedModule[82]=C:\Windows\system32\WINNSI.DLL
LoadedModule[83]=C:\Windows\system32\dhcpcsvc.DLL
State[0].Key=Transport.DoneStage1
State[0].Value=1
State[1].Key=DataRequest
State[1].Value=Bucket=608184925/nBucketTable=498552091/nResponse=1/n
FriendlyEventName=Ha smesso di funzionare
ConsentKey=APPCRASH
AppName=Media Center 26
AppPath=C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 26\Media Center 26.exe

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2020, 08:58:59 am »

WMA files can be "protected" by DRM.  Are they multi-channel?  If not, just convert to stereo FLAC.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2020, 09:31:29 am »

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up