INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tag Window  (Read 847 times)

Daniel Warner

• World Citizen
Tag Window
« on: August 02, 2020, 07:12:32 am »

When using the Tag Dump Group in the Tag Window, use the available space to avoid having to scroll up and down to see tags in the Tag Dump.

I always put the Tag Dump at the bottom of the Tag Window, and there is a lot of wasted space below it that could be used. See image.

Is there any way you can open the Tag editor in a tab? I find the Tag editor's available space very constrained
Sybil, you're always ... refurbishing yourself

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
Re: Tag Window
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2020, 07:06:54 pm »

As a workaround, if you click the  ^ button on the top of the Tag Window you can make it take up the entire left pane. Then drag the divider between the left/right panes as far to the right as it will go and you make it take up almost the entire window.

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2020, 10:19:26 am »

As a workaround, if you click the  ^ button on the top of the Tag Window you can make it take up the entire left pane.

Action Window - Dump Tags display bug (?) in MC ver. 27.0.20:

Click on "Tag" in the Action Window, then click its "Maximize" icon in upper right corner of the Tag Action window to make entire left pane available (equivalently:  select a file and hit <alt><enter> or RMB menu Tag). 

Now clicking the ^button for Dump Tags only expands the Dump Tags display to about 30% of the available vertical space in the maximized Tag pane (only 10 lines of Dump Tags are displayed at once), necessitating painful over-usage of its scroll bar to examine all entries in Tag Dump if it contains more than 10 lines.  Whereas all other tabs in the Tag Action Window make full use of the available vertical space.  Dump Tags should behave like Advanced.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2020, 03:47:52 pm »

Action Window - Dump Tags display bug (?) in MC ver. 27.0.20:

It's not a bug. Just the way it was built. I've asked for the Tag Dump area to use the full space before. No response on that yet.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2020, 04:18:21 pm »

I am an avid fan of the new tag window, I really am, but for me, this is the one area where the old tag window blows the new clean out of the water...

The old would show all "large edit" fields the full height of the tag window when opened for editing, and could show the tag dump, cover art etc, as action window items in their own right.

You've no idea how much I've missed that...

like this...
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,101448.msg705653.html#msg705653

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2020, 09:17:09 pm »

It's not a bug. Just the way it was built. I've asked for the Tag Dump area to use the full space before. No response on that yet.

If not a bug, it is certainly a glaring inconsistency and annoyance which imho degrades the user experience.
Pages: [1]   Go Up