INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sync w/ Handheld Issue (MC 26)  (Read 532 times)

FL Guy

• Recent member
Sync w/ Handheld Issue (MC 26)
« on: August 06, 2020, 10:58:12 am »

If I'm interpreting the MC UI correctly, I'm having problems getting the Sync w/ Handheld function to work as expected/desired ...

It appears that MC may be planning to sync/transfer my _entire_ library with/to my phone, instead of just the items with the In Queue status (see screen shots and the explanation below). The behavior is the same with MC 26 and 25 btw.

Is this correct? If so, can someone pls explain how to control this behavior and only transfer the subset selected files (all audio files, in this case)?

My JRC Library includes both files which I want to sync with my phone, and many files (mostly photos) which I do NOT want to sync with my phone.

In the Sync action window Options display, I have selected only audio files and cover art to be transferred.

I have read the instructions of the Sync Handheld page (https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Sync_Handheld), and it appears that I have succeeded in getting only the files which I want to transfer into the Transfer Queue for the device (indicated by Status = In Queue in the attached screen shot).

However, in several places the MC UI indicates in two places that it plans to transfer all the files in my library... Please see the attached screen shots for reference.
a) The Action Window for the device states "Sync 10784 Files - 16.2 GB Available" [after sync], and
b) The top of the device Details window states "120 GB device 16.2 GB free after 72 GB transfer"
c) As a check, I temporarily (re)moved the image files which I don't want to be transferred, and then clicked on Sync Now. MC displayed an error message stating that it could not access the image files (which do not have the status In Queue, and are not intended to be transferred - see attachment MC Sync Issue p2.docx.

It appears that the values above _would_ be correct _IF_ the entire library was to be transferred.

If only the "In Queue" files are transferred, the number of files to be transferred should be 3645, and the amount of space used on the target device should be MUCH less than the 72 GB indicated by the text at the top of the Detail window (described in item 'b' above).

Can someone explain to me how to ensure that only the files which I have requested for transfer (only audio files with status In Queue in the device details window) will be transferred to the handheld?

Thanks for any help.

FL Guy

• Recent member
Re: Sync w/ Handheld Issue (MC 26)
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2020, 03:29:47 pm »

Bump - Any suggestions anyone??

FL Guy

• Recent member
Re: Sync w/ Handheld Issue (MC 26)
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2020, 03:38:02 pm »

OK, looks like I'll have to find a different tool for syncing media with my handhelds. This is my second round of trying to get MC to sync with my phone properly btw.

MC staff, if you are listening/reading, this is rather unfortunate imo, as MC is my preferred media player, it would simplify my digital life MC also worked well to sync with my handhelds as well!

Of course, it's entirely possible that the problem is operator error - in which case additional instructions for how to correctly sync only selected content (all audio files plus album cover photos only) to the phone would be much appreciated.
Pages: [1]   Go Up