INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Handheld sync - converted files not seen "on device"  (Read 484 times)

Avgatzeblouz

• Recent member
Handheld sync - converted files not seen "on device"
« on: August 10, 2020, 08:55:13 am »

Hi everyone,
I have my music library on a server. I connect to it on different computers, so my import path, even on my server is through a network path, and I connect to the remote library on my clients.
I created a playlist on the server to chose files which will be converted to Qaac on a handheld device I created on disk, through a local path. The first conversion goes very well. But when I want to resync, to match my playlist changes on the handheld, I have all my files of the playlist "In queue" again, and all the files on the device on "delete on sync". Then some jpeg files (artwork) are "on device". So it seems JRiver wants to convert all of them again, and erase those already present.
I unchecked "Resync if date modified has changed", and I use "do not create cache", since this would mean having all converted files twice on my drive.

Can anyone help me to have JRiver see all those converted files "on device", instead of converting all over each time I want to sync (12 hours conversion for the entire playlist).
Thanks a lot !

andromaya

• Recent member
Re: Handheld sync - converted files not seen "on device"
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2020, 03:24:04 pm »

I've got this same issue, but I suspect it's got to do with the file being in a device-specific folder. For example, when I sync, I'm syncing file D/Music/Track1, and when I want to resync, it reads Device/Track1. JRiver doesn't (seem to be able to) read them as the same exact files. It it does I'd like to hear too.

Avgatzeblouz

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2020, 12:40:57 pm »

I've got new elements : the issue occurs with the m4a encoding only. I tried with the mp3, and everything is fine. Any idea how to make it work with m4a ?
Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2020, 01:23:36 pm »

You can read about m4a files here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPEG-4_Part_14

Some can be "protected" with DRM and not playable everywhere.

Avgatzeblouz

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2020, 05:05:54 pm »

I can play them, and the conversion goes fine. It is just when reseyncincg, JRiver does not see them "on device". The software wants to copy them all over again, and "delete on sync" the ones already there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up